SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My side view mirrors have turned turd brown and basically useless at this point. I don't really care about the auto dimming feature so can I just use a standard heated mirror sold on ebay or amazon ? After a quick search there seems to be some conflicting info about mirrors fitting. Most online retailers show 03-09 9-5 compatible. If anyone has a good link let me know, I would prefer amazon prime if possible for possible returns.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Yes, aftermarket mirror glass will fit. I bought them from Amazon or EBay last year but my purchase histories on either site don't show them. About $30 for both as I recall. Be sure to buy the glass already mounted to the plastic base - they are OE-style. They are also sold as glass only with adhesive backs which are cheaper - but avoid those.

All you need is a very thin screwdriver to release the spring clip. The clip is about the thickness of a paper clip and hooks onto small tabs on the back of the glass mount. Push the outer edge of the mirror forward to expose the ends of the clip. It is easier to see with the windows open.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts