SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the hard fuel line size that runs under the car ? My 08 is still having some cold start sputter issues and after fuel pressure testing at the rail it's somewhat inconclusive. It sounds like the check valve is no working correctly. It did run fine for a few weeks but the issue seems to have returned. I can see the supply/return line connection from the fuel pump to the hard lines from under the car and thinking about putting together a add on one way fuel check valve that I can place WITHOUT any cutting or modification to the existing setup. Just disconnect where the current supply line meets the hard line and add a inline valve and create a loop and reconnect to the hard supply line. If I can get a matching size I'm hoping t will connect to the push connector of the fuel pump hard line. I can make something on a bench and the actual installation should be fairly simple from under the car without dropping the tank for a complete fuel pump replacement

valve.jpg

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I've no advice on the fuel supply issue, but I have learned not to cheap out on those $3 aluminium check valves. Some have a simple plastic disc on top of a spring, and the disc goes off to one side so it sits around the spring. I had a couple like those in your link, for evap tube and PCV NRVs. I now use the chunkier hexagonal section type, and check them periodically by blowing/sucking. A bit awkward if they're part of the fuel system.

Also one can't be sure, if the NRV does have any plastic parts inside, whether they'll be fuel resistant.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've no advice on the fuel supply issue, but I have learned not to cheap out on those $3 aluminium check valves. Some have a simple plastic disc on top of a spring, and the disc goes off to one side so it sits around the spring. I had a couple like those in your link, for evap tube and PCV NRVs. I now use the chunkier hexagonal section type, and check them periodically by blowing/sucking. A bit awkward if they're part of the fuel system.

Also one can't be sure, if the NRV does have any plastic parts inside, whether they'll be fuel resistant.
Thanks for the heads up. Just trying to figure out a way to NOT physically cut anything from the factory system, just a bench modified add on that I can plug into the supply line connector and hard lune to prove/disprove the check valve issue as the cause of cold start issue. Anyone have a link to a add on fuel line connector that would work with existing hard line ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts