SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we got a few 08 9-3's in a couple weeks back, ordered SAAB sport exhaust system (which is only the rear muffler :cry: ).

There isn't any options yet for the lower lip with the cut-out for the tailpipes.. So we had to improvise. :p

The OE bottom lip for the bumper cover comes solid, no cutout..

After cutting the old muffler off, and mounting it we measured around the tail pipes, and cut out the hole for the tailpipes. Cleaned up the edge and put in place a piece of door edge gaurd trim.

whatcha think?

ps - be gentle on the quality of pics, took with my cellphone... ;)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
According to the latest edition of the Saab Epc there is the original no cutout or an option for an Aero style lower part, which shows 2 cutouts for the dual exhaust the aeros have.

have a part number? Nevermind! I found what you speak of.

Model year:
document.write(yearWrite()); 2008 - Price(MSRP)*:
document.write(formatPrice('$255.00')); $255.00Part no.**:

for 255 bux, I like my free edge trim better for now. I do like how that looks however...

Also, come to find out after speaking with the parts helpline. This will be included in the next edition of the accessories catalog and the epc.
They show it in the accessories section of the USA saab.com site. Thanks !

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TRIsaab said:
Looks good.

By the way do you have a bigger pic of your default that you post up?
When you say default, do you mean my avatar? theres a larger on in my profile, but I am no longer driving it. It was sold.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I was chatting with my Saab tech Saturday and he mentioned that he had installed a couple sport exhausts recently and really likes them - he plans to tell the same to the Service Writers so they can tell customers. However, he liked my setup even more (pair of Magnaflows & resonator delete) - sounded better and cheaper. Another plus is that since several tips are available for the Magnaflows it allows one to customize their setup.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bob Z. said:
I was chatting with my Saab tech Saturday and he mentioned that he had installed a couple sport exhausts recently and really likes them - he plans to tell the same to the Service Writers so they can tell customers. However, he liked my setup even more (pair of Magnaflows & resonator delete) - sounded better and cheaper. Another plus is that since several tips are available for the Magnaflows it allows one to customize their setup.
Usually I only go with Abbott Racing upgrades, being a distributor for them it has its advantages :lol: . However, in this case Saab wasn't 100% sure that this muffler would've worked. We were basically trying it , and reported back to the US parts helpdesk with pics of the install. So , I figured I would share. Thanks for the "other" options, but not for me.

PS - Trisaab your pm box is full, I tried to reply :suprised;

1 - 11 of 11 Posts