SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sure. Excoriate me for posting this. So far the only searches (admit only a few mins of searching) have revealed for the 2.8L. Am trying to find the cylinder numbering, location, however one calls it… as I have received a Tech2 error indicating cyc 1 and cyc 2 failure (coils). The only result was a handwritten 1,2,3,4 in a pic. Um, not comfy with that.

Soooo, yell at me… but can someone point me to a diagram that lists cyc numbering for a 2.0 (2008 9-3).

tx

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, that was ultra fast, reply.

So if I may triple check. Is the firing sequence the same as the order, from left to right, facing the engine compartment. 1 being far left cyc, 3 being physical next, 4 being physical next and 2 being far right?

Tx. Am have 2 OEM coils I need to swap out to chase down what the Tech2 issued. Now wish I'd just ordered all 4 but, oh well... at least work to get it running.

thank you

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@drhiii cylinder order looking at the engine from the front 1 2 3 4 ..Cyl1 timing chain side & Cyl4 g/box side...Firing order 1-3-4-2..
Ah, that's what I gleaned. Have had several Saabs thru 900s. This is my first 9-3 and am familiarizing myself to them. So double checking is a good thing. I appreciate your continued replies, to help educate.
tx

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I dunno. A little Elmer’s glue fix this right up?

Back to reality… I have replacement coils (OEM). For the Tech2, this was a no brainer.

It was replaced before I acquired the 9-3 (34K miles). The wiring on the connector was damaged post mortem. Mebbe , yanked, loose, something, or already damaged in the first replacement.. causing shorts that led to this? Or is it the other way around? Anyone ever seen a Saab OEM Coil melt down like this wreaking havoc onto the connector to the harness?

Regardless, gonna need a replacement harness. You think? That Saab humor. And to think I almost drove it to Sturgis. Would have been in the right place, if I’d made it....

Posted for everyone's entertainment and of course... opinionating which I am all for.

Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Gas Auto part

Motor vehicle Wood Door Automotive exterior Gas

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Finger Bumper

·
Registered
13,857 Posts
You can change connector housing and pins.
You also need another coil.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can change connector housing and pins.
You also need another coil.
Wait... I can change just the connector and pins? And yes, I have new OEM coils to replace.

Hmmmm. Where would I look for the connector(s)? Really appreciate your response. It looked like it was possible but, where to start/look?

thank you

·
Registered
13,857 Posts
Connector housing P/N:12801123
Pin P/N: 12789792 (0,2-0,5mm2 wire); 12789794 (0,5-1,0mm2 wire).

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Connector housing P/N:12801123
Pin P/N: 12789792 (0,2-0,5mm2 wire); 12789794 (0,5-1,0mm2 wire).
I can't believe it. I had been searching for this but apparently for the wrong descriptor. Thank you. From looking at it, it appeared as if this were possible but... well... it is.

Much appreciated. An OEM harness was a grand. Wouldn't mind not spending that much for this part.

Now question will be, do I have the skills...

·
Registered
598 Posts
Email eSAABPARTS.com directly the on p/n you need and they will check with ORIO to see if they can get them for you.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Email eSAABPARTS.com directly the on p/n you need and they will check with ORIO to see if they can get them for you.
Finally able to source these connectors. From a Saab shop in Denver, CO. eSAABPARTS never replied back to email asking, with part #'s.

Onward.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts