SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. My lease on the linear ended this year around april. I have waited for the new model but am not sure which models to get. What do you guys recommend? Also I did a search to see average lease prices on these two models but did not find much. If anyone can provide info on what they are paying for either model on a lease for 08 model, would be great. Any info appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just picked up my '08 Aero SportCombi manual, metallic paint, cold pkg. Nothing down, $470/month. It's a great ride. Aero cost me about $60/month more than a fully-loaded 2.0 - worth every penny.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
photowagon said:
I just picked up my '08 Aero SportCombi manual, metallic paint, cold pkg. Nothing down, $470/month. It's a great ride. Aero cost me about $60/month more than a fully-loaded 2.0 - worth every penny.
Yeah go for it:D Especially coming out of a 2.0t already the Aero will feel like a different car. That's what I did. And heck you're renting so spend a few more $$$ a month.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Wow - wait for these responses!

You will find that there is a pretty clear division of those who would choose the new Aero versus 2.0T. Frankly you have to view these as different vehicles altogether! The Aero costs more but adds fantastic seats, lowered suspension, awesome turbo V-6. and better options. Nothing wrong with the 2.0 at all, but they feel entirely different.

The 2.0 feels lighter on its feet and a bit more drama as it gains speed, gets better gas mileage.

The Aero swells with speed, feels a bit more luxurious, has options such as xenons, that make life more fun, and you get free admission to Aero Academy at Road Atlanta.

I personally own and adore my '06 Aero SC. I did attend Aero Academy and fully endorse attending if you get the chance - it's a blast!:cool:

My wife is considering a 2.0 - I really like these as well, but wouldn't trade my Aero for anything. You really have to do your homemork and drive both to arrive at the best answer for your situation.

·
Registered
22 Posts
TJN said:
...and you get free admission to Aero Academy at Road Atlanta.
Not true anymore - you get a $1000 voucher toward the $1495 cost.

"DETROIT — The Saab Aero Academy, once the exclusive domain of Saab owners, is now open to the general public — or at least to those members of the general public who can afford the $1,495 cost.

Customers who buy or lease a 2008 Saab get a voucher that covers $1,000 of the tuition payment, the automaker said on Tuesday."

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
TJN said:
You will find that there is a pretty clear division of those who would choose the new Aero versus 2.0T. Frankly you have to view these as different vehicles altogether! The Aero costs more but adds fantastic seats, lowered suspension, awesome turbo V-6. and better options. Nothing wrong with the 2.0 at all, but they feel entirely different.

The 2.0 feels lighter on its feet and a bit more drama as it gains speed, gets better gas mileage.

The Aero swells with speed, feels a bit more luxurious, has options such as xenons, that make life more fun, and you get free admission to Aero Academy at Road Atlanta.

I personally own and adore my '06 Aero SC. I did attend Aero Academy and fully endorse attending if you get the chance - it's a blast!:cool:

My wife is considering a 2.0 - I really like these as well, but wouldn't trade my Aero for anything. You really have to do your homemork and drive both to arrive at the best answer for your situation.
TJN,

Very well said. I can't say enough about my 03' Linear that I absolutely loved. There is definitely something I like better about it than my 06' Aero SC but can't quite figure it out. I think it is sentimental and more emotional than a physical, performance type thing. The 03' SS cars and owners are in a league of their own:lol:

As many might be surprised, and certainly off topic, I think my 03' was screwed together better than my 06' Aero SC:suprised;
I've got great dealers to work with so no big deal for me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Depends

If you love to drive and want to be in control of your shift points, the answer is easy - GET THE MANUAL.

If you're old, lazy and don't want to take advantage of the fine machine you just bought, get the Auto. ;)

·
Registered
303 Posts
photowagon said:
If you love to drive and want to be in control of your shift points, the answer is easy - GET THE MANUAL.

If you're old, lazy and don't want to take advantage of the fine machine you just bought, get the Auto. ;)
Auto always comes with Quick Shift also:lol:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Old! Old?

photowagon said:

Oooo, I'm taking a little umbrage at that comment! I actually would love to have had a standard-shift, but y'know, the wife can't drive one...wait, she hasn't driven mine yet in a year! Dummy me.

The 6-speed auto isn't too bad - it does learn from your driving pattern and adjusts the shifting accordingly. I have the paddles, so I can have some control over the shift points. Get a bit irritated, tho, when it won't let me into 6th unless I am doing over 50 mph. Overall, I may choose the auto if given the choice again.

·
Banned
1,436 Posts
Auto is definetly the way not to go. Besides the fact that the sentronic tranny is utter crap and the car wastes so much time between shifts. And as far as the 2.0t being slower than the aero that is not the case. The little t is faster off the line thanks to the smaller turbo spooling up quicker than the 2.0T. I haven't driven the new V6 aero but i have turned more than a few of them into mincemeat off the line thanks to the BSR stage 3 i have under the hood and the super wide tires i run on my car. Everyone here talks about how the V6 has so much more Hp but seems to forget that unless all of that power is getting translated to the ground it doesnt mean squat. So while your spinning those pirrelli P-Garbage tires at the line i already have a car lengths lead on you. Plus with the manual you can keep the revs high on the line so when you do pop the clutch and go into 1st you actually have that HP and Torque there since our engines being turbo'd dont put out much till about 3000 rpm if i remember correctly, and thats some thing you cant do with an auto tranny.

So if you want more performance go with the 2.0T and then sink the difference in price into much wider tires stiffer springs to keep the back from squatting under acceleration and go get a tuning kit.

Also I love the look of utter disbelief on the faces of guys driving 2.0T's or Aero's after starting from the line and only seeing a little "t" car lenghts in front of them knowing that i spend roughly 24000 on my ride and they dropped well into the thirties. :cheesy:

So if its just interior you want its up to you but perform.ance wise if you're willing to put in some work go 2.0T

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Since I am looking at leasing I am not too crazy spending all that money on items that will have to be removed at the end of the lease but thanks for the info...

Now so far this is the best deal I have on the 08 Aero with touring manual tranny, 39/12k $1400 TOP $453 with tax (tax in SFLA is 7%). To all you that have leased this car, does it sound good? I am trying for 39/15k with auto and touring package for $1600 TOP $460 with tax but they are not biting. Let me know. Thanks

·
Banned
1,436 Posts
whatever you do dont go with an auto tranny... I live in NYC and live with a manual... but am oh-so-happy whenever i want to do some "spirited" driving... driving auto is for women and old men :lol:

·
Registered
113 Posts
TJN said:
Oooo, I'm taking a little umbrage at that comment! I actually would love to have had a standard-shift, but y'know, the wife can't drive one...,
Precisely why my convertible is a 6-speed MANUAL! My wife is forbidden to drive my manuals since she backed my 1994 VW Jetta GLX into the mail box!

I'm old and lazy and that's why I want a manual; I need the exercise! Besides I have better control and when driven correctly I'm not rowing through the gears all the time, even in stop and go traffic. But the acceleration is so much more fun and down shifting is a blast.

Sure the manual is not a racing transmission but for us old guys it's plenty fast.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts