SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy, I'd your opinion on the project that I have. I want to change the front bumber on my 2007 9-3 for more agressive 2008 front bumper. I did some research and saw that to do this I'd need to change: Bumper but also Rh/LH exterior fenders, hood and headlights. Aside from that is the installation the same? Will I have any issue with the assembly? Has anyone done this kind of project before? If so how did it go?
I also have a second question: do you guys think that 245/70/r16 summer tires fit on my car? I've been driving around in 205/55/r16

·
Registered
53 Posts
245/70/r16? The 70 is not right.

This would be 29.5 inch diameter...Truck tire size!
You'll need a little more than a front end conversion to make those tires fit!

I have seen this conversion done before, but don't remember what's all involved. You would probably need the 08+ core support. Also, you may have to mess with electrical. Fog light bulbs between those yrs changed (I think from H1 to H8). Be mindful of your headlight choice. You may run into issues if your going from halogen to hid, but halogen to halogen should be fine.

Aligning panels gaps are not fun in my opinion but if you have plenty of time and money to burn I say go for it. Also, you'll probably want a parts car to get all or the panels and miscellaneous stuff you need.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Dark
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing