SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the '07 Tech II list different then the prev. model years? If so, where can I find it, so I can go through the menu and select the options I want for my car.

Paul

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
good luck getting the car the way you would like it, in my experience the dealer either will not do certain ones, some dont work right, or some dont even exist on the dealers "list". Confidence level in my dealer is about zero....

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a local guy here that knows Saabs inside/out and I could change the Tech II on my own when he works on the weekend.

Paul

·
Registered
52 Posts
The question regarding Tech II changes for 2007 MY vehicles appears to be a menu change on the device itself, thus the seeming loss of some options. However, one of the items that is said could not be done, has been done, that being disabling the DRL's. Version 131.5 according to my dealer. Thus, disabled DRLs is not a debate, it's possible. Based on this, one can presume that the other options are still available. The one consistent thing in all of these discussions is the capability of the dealer to understand the request and be able to accomplish it. It would appear that technology is not the issue.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yeah I just had the dealer disable my DRL's today. He also said you can change the programming to lose the auto lock when you go past 5 mph too. Mine was never engaged (thank god), but if yours is it can be turned off.

So I am a VW transfer and on VW's you could buy a VAG-COM unit that would plug into the OBDII port. It allowed you to hook up to your laptop and change any and all of these settings. Does this exist for the Saab's? It basically gave you full control over the ECU.

·
Registered
253 Posts
johannes356 said:
Yeah I just had the dealer disable my DRL's today. He also said you can change the programming to lose the auto lock when you go past 5 mph too. Mine was never engaged (thank god), but if yours is it can be turned off.

So I am a VW transfer and on VW's you could buy a VAG-COM unit that would plug into the OBDII port. It allowed you to hook up to your laptop and change any and all of these settings. Does this exist for the Saab's? It basically gave you full control over the ECU.
I recently beat this dead horse extensively (as another ex-VW owner)

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114316
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10356

Mike

·
Registered
253 Posts
Lemme ask the 07 vs DRLs question a different way..

a) we seem pretty sure the newest Tech II cannot do DRLs (for the 07s), but older Tech II can?

b) if that is the case, can the newer Tech II still disable pre-07 DRLs... ie. is it the MY07 that is different, or the Tech II software?

Just idle curiosity.

Mike

·
Registered
52 Posts
zim2dive said:
Lemme ask the 07 vs DRLs question a different way..

a) we seem pretty sure the newest Tech II cannot do DRLs (for the 07s), but older Tech II can?

b) if that is the case, can the newer Tech II still disable pre-07 DRLs... ie. is it the MY07 that is different, or the Tech II software?

Just idle curiosity.

Mike
I'm not sure why you state that the newer Tech II cannot do DRL's. Read my post above, you'll note that yes, the latest Tech II release can be used to disable DRL's. That is an affirmative for MY 2007, there is no logic in assuming it's not the same as its always been for prior model years. Which is to say, yes, it should be able to be done. Again, I believe it boils down to dealership training and ability, not technology.

·
Registered
253 Posts
cpwills said:
I'm not sure why you state that the newer Tech II cannot do DRL's. Read my post above, you'll note that yes, the latest Tech II release can be used to disable DRL's. That is an affirmative for MY 2007, there is no logic in assuming it's not the same as its always been for prior model years. Which is to say, yes, it should be able to be done. Again, I believe it boils down to dealership training and ability, not technology.
I state that b/c others have reported being unable to disable DRLs on 07, and have claimed that the combination of new SW and 07 causes a problem (tho somewhat less clear as to whether it is the 07 or the SW that makes the difference).

Personally I have an 07 with disabled DRLs (but have no idea what version of Tech II my dealer used). Simply trying to help gather the facts for those that have not been able to get this done.

Mike

Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts