SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay,
Finally after 10 weeks and a LOT of complaining to my dealer and SAABUSA, my Navigation/Audio system is finally working:lol: Gm had been trying to force my Dealer to put in a refurb unit. The problem was that the dealer could not get one or there were none available, so, after many many many phone calls and letters, rather than the rebuild route SAAB finally sent a new unit to the dealer for installation.
Since the NAV has never worked and the audio barely worked, I have not had a chance to review them.
NAVigation features, screen clarity, speed, functionality. Terrific.
Blows away my wife's 2007 Honda Pilot Navigation, which I also like.
downside(s):
As all have mentioned street name detail lacks a little.
wayyyy out of date content - we all need to try to stay on top of available update/part numbers so that we can get a new MAP DVD.

Audio:
very crisp and clean
speed dependant volume is not perfect but a nice feature
much better sound/speaker quality than my MY03 premium sound system.

Thanks to all for listening to me complain for the past 2 months.
once my rain sensor gets repaired, my car will be perfect.
I do love this car:cheesy:

·
Registered
110 Posts
good news you have it nearly all sorted

I usd the rain sensors last sunday and again over this weekend and found them to be really good.... i was a bit sceptical but I had not been out on a long journey with constant changing rain.
it went from an intermittent wipe to full speed to off whilst i travelled from leatherhead surrey, UK to Birmingham to the MPH Show
and again this weekend from leatherhead to Maidstone Kent.

excellent feature, i think most will now know I'm very disappointed in the saab sat nav compared to garmin 310D.. so will say no more

I like the stereo too, MP3 on CD and Ipod plugged in, but reading here, it sounds like it could be a lot better

Saab 93 convertable MY07

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have and use the rain sensors in my MY03 ARC and they are fantastic, so I know they can work.

I too have my MP3 and a Sirius running thru my AUX. works wonderfully.

I do not know enough about Garmin, Tomtom, MEgellan, to compare, but i like the NAV so far.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
platypus said:
wayyyy out of date content - we all need to try to stay on top of available update/part numbers so that we can get a new MAP DVD.
You may want to know the part numbers, but you may not want to know the price... ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts