SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Considering removing exterior door trim on my 07 9-3 SC. Has anyone been successful in doing this? I like the door trim for protection, but I really like the flat profile I see in the MY08s. I park a bizillion miles from other cars anyway. Please advise.

·
Registered
110 Posts
inyrmnd said:
Hello all. Considering removing exterior door trim on my 07 9-3 SC. Has anyone been successful in doing this? I like the door trim for protection, but I really like the flat profile I see in the MY08s. I park a bizillion miles from other cars anyway. Please advise.
I think you can just gently pry it off. I thought there was an indent though underneath where the trim fits - maybe even holes.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
cddakin said:
I think you can just gently pry it off. I thought there was an indent though underneath where the trim fits - maybe even holes.
you are ride....the car would look naked without it. Now, that I have the '07 AERO, I am thinking of getting the $45 e-code strips again for my car. This time around, I will not sell the former ones and I know now how to remove the clubs....

Paul

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
cddakin said:
Yes, this is correct. There are both indents as well as holes for the clips that hold the trim. You could look into painting the rub strips. I'm not too sure how well paint would adhere to them though.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
sptsdn said:
Yes, this is correct. There are both indents as well as holes for the clips that hold the trim. You could look into painting the rub strips. I'm not too sure how well paint would adhere to them though.
I am going to ask a body shop about painting the strips. I know it is possible and others have done it.....I think you have to sand it down and put on a primer and then the paint, but I am no body shop expert. :)

Paul

·
Registered
759 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nickshu said:
Thanks, Nickshu. For those of you wanting a continuous color on your 9-3, that paint job looks great! On my Titan Gray SC, the trim isn't as much of a contrast as the lime or other colors may be, so I'm now thinking of keeping it stock and just waiting for an 08 to pass by and admire. Otherwise, I still can't get enough of this car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts