SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 9 5 Sportcombi, doughnut spare 115 x 16, 5 lug, stamped GM.
Bad valve stem (cut on side) can't find anyone to replace stem as special equipment needed, or so told. Is this a standard GM part?
Should larger tire shops have this equipment or do most replace spare?
Thanks.

·
Registered
489 Posts
A lot of my miles are on highway trips. I ended up buying a perfect OEM alloy wheel from a salvage yard for $75, then mounted an extra spare 5th tire that I had. When I'm about to leave on a trip, I pop the full spare in the trunk. It gives me a great deal of peace of mind...and it still leaves quite a bit of room for luggage.

Those donuts are fine around town, but they wreck havoc on the drivetrain and can really mess up your car.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A lot of my miles are on highway trips. I ended up buying a perfect OEM alloy wheel from a salvage yard for $75, then mounted an extra spare 5th tire that I had. When I'm about to leave on a trip, I pop the full spare in the trunk. It gives me a great deal of peace of mind...and it still leaves quite a bit of room for luggage.

Those donuts are fine around town, but they wreck havoc on the drivetrain and can really mess up your car.
good idea!

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
I drove my Dad's 300M with a donut on the right front, it drove the transmission crazy, the car did all kinds of weird things and I had to have the transmission "reset" by a shop.

And it's a rear wheel drive car!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts