SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to get Swedish as a language option (I.E programmed with a tech 2) for the Saab information display? I'm trying to learn the language so I thought this would be a good place to start

Thanks!

·
Registered
980 Posts
On my 2006, I can select Swedish from the Customize-Language settings page right on the SID. Are 2007's or Canadian models different in respect to SID options?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I disagree that this is a good place to start, the SID is your INFORMATION display, not a language teacher. I thought it would be cool do do something like that, but stopped short of actually doing it. When a message appears in Swedish will you know if is saying your washer fluid is low, or your oil is low. While in traffic, I wouldn't want to 'translate' it.

IMHO, select US or UK english (if you are an english speaker).

Bryan

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I have changed the language to Swedish as a joke to mess with my girlfriend....and yes you can do it right through the SID. no tech II needed.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
awjones said:
I have changed the language to Swedish as a joke to mess with my girlfriend....and yes you can do it right through the SID. no tech II needed.
Wait so you are saying our 07 is capable or displaying SID messages in Swedish? Damn Canadian version only has US English, French and Spanish. I want Swedish!!!!!!!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Mine has the following language choices: UK English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish, and US English. Maybe yours can be changed with Tech-II?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cadcamjim said:
Mine has the following language choices: UK English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish, and US English. Maybe yours can be changed with Tech-II?
Hmmm you have an 06, they made significant chances in the 07. I'm hoping it's an easy download with a tech 2 or something. I'll definatly look into this and keep everyone posted. Thanks for the suggestions!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts