SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 07 93 and yesterday the car started to blow cold air thro the vents wen temp was set to 22 and the temp in the car was only 12c-16c. it will only blow cold air if i select a temp other then the max heat than the car will blow hot air. i did try to reset the stepper motors with holding auto and recirculate buttons at the same time i felt the temp change but after it was finished its back to blowing cold air. did hock up my tech2 to see that the in car temp sensor is reading correct and it was reading 10c and colant was 80 but still blowing cold air even wen i am asking it for 27c. its the same for both vent sides anyone have a idea for what i can try next?

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
What is your outside temperature?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had a similar issue when my outside air temp sensor wiring was corroded. The sensor dictates the auto climate and if it misreads as very warm out you get only cold air except at the extreme positions of the dials. This has happened in all three of my 9-3's in both the cold and warm direction. If the outside temp sensor is wrong checkout the wiring and connector that is attached to the lower plate of the bumper on the driver side right below the wiper fluid tank.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a similar issue when my outside air temp sensor wiring was corroded. The sensor dictates the auto climate and if it misreads as very warm out you get only cold air except at the extreme positions of the dials. This has happened in all three of my 9-3's in both the cold and warm direction. If the outside temp sensor is wrong checkout the wiring and connector that is attached to the lower plate of the bumper on the driver side right below the wiper fluid tank.
i will check this i use an esid so don't rely see the outside temp reading that often

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so the outside air temp was reading 60c i will try to clean the contact points and if that dos not fix it i have a donor car i can take the sensor form thx for the help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts