SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My AERO-sport combi has been giving me issues with innacurate readings since I got my PINCH feature fixed on my front windows (common issues for what i read) however, now that windows work good, my Gas gauge & DTE are giving me really innacurate readings, to the point that I have ran out of gas 3 times already, my "YOU MUST RE-FUEL NOW" does not appear on my display, my DTA reads 70k's and my gas gauge doesn't even go down to the red line before the car just runs out of fuel, has anyone else experienced anything similar??....it was working fine before the window issues were fixed, and of course, the dealers are useless when it comes to issues like this, I'd like to come prepared when they tell me they can't find anything, so any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

JC:cool:

·
Registered
170 Posts
error

your DTE and mpg numers are calculated on an average. One way to get more up to date numbers is by pressing clear for a few seconds, the hud will then tell you that the info has cleared, if you check your DTE and Mpg again it will be different.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wmk1975 said:
your DTE and mpg numers are calculated on an average. One way to get more up to date numbers is by pressing clear for a few seconds, the hud will then tell you that the info has cleared, if you check your DTE and Mpg again it will be different.
Point taken, I understand the technology, however, for an DTE to be off by 70 k's is quite the issue, I have used japanese & german DTE programs on different cars, and they're pretty acurate to 5 k's, also, this doesn't explain the missing display warning nor the actual gauge being off by almost 1/5 tank. :confused:

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
You've ran out of gas 3 times already???:suprised;

The sending units, which are housed in the fuel pump, are known problems and the symptoms are what you describe. Do a search on fuel pumps or sending units and you'll get quite a bit.

Also, by running out of gas 3 times you've probably overheated the fuel pump pretty good.
The dealer should replace this whole unit as your symptoms would dictate a bad unit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Fuel pump senders give trouble but also there is a software update for the icm and when this is done the miu must be added back in with the tech 2 (saab diag tool}

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cosmicflash said:
You've ran out of gas 3 times already???:suprised;

The sending units, which are housed in the fuel pump, are known problems and the symptoms are what you describe. Do a search on fuel pumps or sending units and you'll get quite a bit.

Also, by running out of gas 3 times you've probably overheated the fuel pump pretty good.
The dealer should replace this whole unit as your symptoms would dictate a bad unit.
Thanks a million, the response I was looking for, I will arm myself with this when I go to the dealer tomorrow. I cant thank you enough!.:p

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
great responses, thanks a million, but has anyone else actually experienced this issues at 5,000k's?...with the '07 AERO Sportcombi?

·
Registered
12 Posts
This could be a software problem since it has only happend since you got your windows fixed bring it back to the dealer that done the repair

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
And getting gas a bit sooner would easily resolve the running out issue....why wait till your at the bottom?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JonV said:
And getting gas a bit sooner would easily resolve the running out issue....why wait till your at the bottom?
u obviously are not reading the thread properly, the vehicle is "NOT" telling me it needs fuel until its empty & stalled, I have own plenty of new vehicles and never ran out of gas, please read before you post, I am asking for people with similar issues, not useless comments.:nono;

Its called trying to figure out fuel consumption, not waiting until I am at the bottom.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Getting gas sooner, that's using common sense...hardly a useless comment. Most people know about how far they drive, and topping off after a modest period when you have a malfunctioning gage or system seems a logical solution until it get's repaired.

the DTE is just a tool, an indicator as is the guage, you can't just wait until the car "tells you to get gas"....

Many of us 03 owners have had fuel sender issues, no gas guage...we got gas more often...simply use the odometer to see how far you've driven.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JonV said:
Getting gas sooner, that's using common sense...hardly a useless comment. Most people know about how far they drive, and topping off after a modest period when you have a malfunctioning gage or system seems a logical solution until it get's repaired.

the DTE is just a tool, an indicator as is the guage, you can't just wait until the car "tells you to get gas"....

Many of us 03 owners have had fuel sender issues, no gas guage...we got gas more often...simply use the odometer to see how far you've driven.
obviously missing the whole point of the post...........you must work for a dealership!. please stop wasting my time, tools are supposed to work properly, specially in a $50,000 CAN brand new vehicle with only 5,000 k's.....specially when they work before.........if you think this issue is ok, then good for you. I have own several brand new vehicles and none of them have given me this issue, so please, spare me the so called "common sense"......but u really should go get a job at a dealership! as a service advisor or service manager, because you sure don't know how to get the point. however, I will start a whole new thread just for you, called.....PLEASE WASTE MY TIME STATING THE OBVIOUS AND GIVE ME USELESS ADVICE ON THINGS ONLY A RETARD WOULDN'T KNOW, AND ASSUME EVERYONE IS A DUMB KNOB THAT HAS NEVER DRIVEN A NEW VEHICLE............then you can go on a post all you like buddy!:D:D:D

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Instead of pontificating here,Why don't you just take it to the Dealer and ask them to fix it instead of assuming they are going to sidestep. So far you seem to be experiencing a rare situation. I made a simple suggestion, you were apparently offended.

Sorry bout that, PAL

Edit: Oh and even a "retard" wouldn't have run out of gas three times.

·
Registered
128 Posts
JonV said:
Edit: Oh and even a "retard" wouldn't have run out of gas three times.
Edit2 (rant): Can we refrain from using the word "retard" altogether? It's very offensive to label anyone this anymore anyhow. P.S. Mr. Canada, 50K Canadian would have coerced me to participate in the Euro program. Why so much, ya think?

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
inyrmnd said:
Edit2 (rant): Can we refrain from using the word "retard" altogether? It's very offensive to label anyone this anymore anyhow. P.S. Mr. Canada, 50K Canadian would have coerced me to participate in the Euro program. Why so much, ya think?
I will truly apologize for repeating that word, it was hardly necessary and insensitive.

·
Registered
59 Posts
AEROCOMBER said:
PLEASE WASTE MY TIME STATING THE OBVIOUS AND GIVE ME USELESS ADVICE ON THINGS ONLY A RETARD WOULDN'T KNOW, AND ASSUME EVERYONE IS A DUMB KNOB THAT HAS NEVER DRIVEN A NEW VEHICLE............then you can go on a post all you like buddy!:D:D:D
If his advice is on things only a retard wouldn't know.... then are you calling yourself one. As you claiim to know this and don't need the advice but have managed to run out of gas 3 times....LOL

·
Registered
128 Posts
JonV said:
I will truly apologize for repeating that word, it was hardly necessary and insensitive.
It seems, at least, your use of the word was a direct quote and reiteration from our angry neighbor to the north. Thanks. Every little bit helps!

·
Super Moderator
20,354 Posts
Let's stop the name calling and get back on topic shall we?

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have seen this go both ways. Yester a radio station in Atlanta got a toyota 4runner to go 49 miles after the DTE said 0. on the other hand I ran out in my silverado when it said 26 miles to empty. Although I was stopping in 3 miles when I got of the exit by my house to fill up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
THANKS A MILLION to Robie75 & Cosmicflash, indeed I did have a faulty fuel pump sending unit, and the dealer will replace it,(big job!) if it wasn't for you guy's helpful comments and advice I would've never been able to resolve the issue as quickly as i did, I hope this topic helps any other SAAB true-enthusiast with similar issues.:cool:

THANKS AGAIN ROBIE75 & COSMICFLASH, keep up the good work and the positive feedback. Cheers.:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts