SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everybody I just bought this Saab from a really dishonest owner. When I test drove it seemed fine, but the owner “neglected” to tell me about the issues with the car. I have been scouring the internet and forums for similar issues, but not luck. I may have bought a lemon, but I am not willing to give up on it yet. PLEASE Help!

The Car is a 2006 9-3 T 2.0L Sedan | Engine is a B207R
94,000 Km | premium gas (obviously)
Over the past 3 months I have noticed the following (the first problem is the most urgent):

1. Upon start up and driving, the Car will be slow to accelerate between ~ 10-50km/hr… not as noticeable at higher speeds. This happens extremely randomly, it could happen every second time I drive the car. It could be once a month, it could be when the weather is cold or hot outside. Doesn’t matter. Just randomly | No Check engine light ever. In Parallel, the cruise control seems to not function.

Notes: Since then, I drove it to a specialized Saab mechanic in Edmonton and he pulled the codes of the car, sprayed the wire harness that connects to the throttle body. And said that “it is a common problem and usually one has to replace the Throttle body (which cost about 700$ for the part alone)… however it’s uncommon that it was strange that the engine light didn’t come on..?” Since he sprayed the wiring harness, the car was fine for about a week, until it happened again. When I read some of the forms they said that throttle body could be dirty with a carbon buildup on the inside, preventing the butterfly from opening and closing properly. So I went to clean it and it with a white rag and CRC Throttle body cleaner… and the TB looked brand new!, nothing came out on my white rag… (I did notice a GM logo on it, so I am not sure if it was replaced or not)
o Since I bought the car, this has happened maybe 20-30% of the times that I am driving the car (50 times or so)
o Another mechanic said it might be the Turbo, but I am not sure about that.
o Another Forum said it was a hose off a T connection that has a crack in it and connects to the engine, but he didn’t post any other information, and I quickly looked for this hose and crack, and I couldn’t seem to find anything.

2. Gas gauge shows empty when I fill up the car.
o It does go back to full after about 100km of driving.
o Does anybody know the exact problem is and if anyone can point me to a DIY for this?

3. Turing on the A/C and or the internal circulation button on, I will hear loud clicking sounds from the glove box area. It sounds like a bunch of plastic broken gears that are slipping. It stops after 5-10 seconds. Again, does anybody know the problem, parts I need, and know of DIY for this problem?

CODES:
P152300
P213500
P046300
…………other than that the car is perfect…

Thanks in advance for your help

Dan

·
Registered
427 Posts
1. Clean TB, helped huge with 1st and 2nd gear acceleration

2. fuel line sensor acting up, it might eventually show E all the time. I drove around like that for a year, used the DTE on the dash. Changed it eventually. Tank needs to be dropped to access the sensor. It wasnt a easy DIY. I read you can actually go thru the seats in the rear but you have to cut a hold thur the bottem of the frame.

3. common problem. remove the cabin filter and spray wd40 right down to the fan. that fixed it for a while but I ended up replacing the blower motor for the problem to come back again. Sprayed wd40 again, problem gone....

·
Super Moderator
20,061 Posts
1. Too bad there's no code. Bad wiring to the TB is not entirely uncommon. I don't know how easy it is to replace and how much the whole harness is. The T piece he is referring to is next to the dipstick. Check the tubing going to it.

2. Agree with above.

3. Disagree. Failing blower motor squeeks, not clicks. This is probably the stepper motor.

·
Super Moderator
20,061 Posts
P1523 - IVC Solenoid circuit malfunction

(I think this has something to do with your TB acting up. Wiring? Is the hose going to it cracked at all?)

P2135 - Throttle Position Sensor Fault

Try this:

1)fully depress the pedal with the car off (slowly 5 seconds).
2)Start the car with the pedal fully depressed (it won't rev, promise)
3)after the car has fully started let off the pedal slowly (5 seconds).

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137152&highlight=P2135

P0463 - Fuel Level Sensor "A" Circuit High (self explanatory, replace sender)

·
Super Moderator
20,061 Posts
I have a feeling you might be needing a new TB, but they aren't cheap.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will check the hose tonight.

I forgot to mention that I did do that throttle position rest a couple of days ago. After I did it, the car was working fine for the day, but it started acting up again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts