SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's your impression of the new 5 -spoke AERO alloy wheels? Interesting that they elected for a shape with some indentation somewhere between the Vector 5-spoke which have slightly narrower spokes and the 9-5 new 5-spoke whose spokes are wide and flat surfaced.

And you?

Dr. C

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
To be honest i dont like them. The old ones are 'Alloy Classics'.
The reason i dont like the new ones is that im sure i seen them on a new Vauxhall Astra the other day, they are really no differnet to the mmainstream cars out their at the moment:roll:.

·
Registered
13 Posts
06 Wheels

Terrible choice. I am assuming you are talking about the US specific wheels.

The Euro spec wheels, the ones with spokes shaped like a turbine look great.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Navigator said:
The Euro spec wheels, the ones with spokes shaped like a turbine look great.
Euros get a choice of 5 spokes or the turbines however they are optional for £850 and you have to lose the sports suspension (I checked with my dealer when I ordered mine ) I like the turbines but I would never buy a wheel that protrudes out from the rim, they make kurb scuffs a whole new relm of hurt :(

I had 17"" vikings on my last Saab and they looked the biz :cool:

I have ordered the 17"" 5 spokes for mine only because I did not like _any_ of the wheels that saab have at the moment :(

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Navigator

What makes you think the 5-spokes are US spec? I am not convinced that the EURO Spec is with 18 inch turbine spokes...

According to the global site the Europeans also get the 5-spokes.

Dr.C

·
Registered
248 Posts
I believe the 5 spokes are standard in UK, and you can have the 18" turbine alloys for a supplement of £800. I'm not sure which wheels these are (below) but it's taken from the Saab UK website..

The 2.0T which is still selling in the UK only offers the twin 5 spoke 17"

·
Registered
609 Posts
I love those wheels on the vert. They look sweet. So they are 17s? Sure is lousy that these wheels aren't available in the US. All we get are the lousy looking 5 spoke 16" wheels and the ok looking 5 spoke 17" wheels.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I think they're 18", but not sure how you can get hold of them

PFSaabs sell 18" wheels but its mega bucks - £250/$450 per wheel plus tires!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Just a note to all looking for wheels, it seems that Nick over at Geniune Saab has been able to import the 18" 10 spoke wheels from the European Aeros. They look so sweet, but are fairly pricey at $377 a corner.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
black_linear said:
Just a note to all looking for wheels, it seems that Nick over at Geniune Saab has been able to import the 18" 10 spoke wheels from the European Aeros. They look so sweet, but are fairly pricey at $377 a corner.
I saw that too. Tempting. Maybe my new soon-to-be baby needs some new wheels for the summer tires, while the standard 17's are used for winter tires. :cheesy:

·
Registered
635 Posts
the claw are super nice.

personally I like the diablo wheels, but id rather put flat black powder coated 15 spoke wheels...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Don't like them either

The new 06 Aero wheels just look plain. The Euro ones in the sportcombi commercials are much better. Does anyone know if they'll offer those in the US?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
They should have taken the forked '03-'05 Aero wheels and made them 18 or 19". That would have been badass.

Or they should've made the 10 spoke Arc wheels 18"... they would look stunning if they were larger and a bit wider.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
According to PeterChurch you lose the sports suspension when you order the 18inch wheels. Why would that be???

Dr.C

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Dr. Caramba said:
According to PeterChurch you lose the sports suspension when you order the 18inch wheels. Why would that be???

Dr.C
I believe, PeterChurch was misinformed. You definatley would not lose the sports suspension on the V6T by having the 18"s.

·
Registered
609 Posts
GriffinAero said:
These are the wheels I like...
What do you think?
I love them and am ticked that we don't get them here in NA as standard equipment. At least you can buy them from Nick though. But like I said, at $377 per wheel plus tires, that is one expensive set of rims.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts