SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just joined this forum looking for some help.
I have recently bought a 2006 9-3 Aero with the automatic. This was a recent upgrade after my 06 2.0T was totaled by a Toyota 4runner. within the past few weeks my car has started to slam gears between 2-3 and 4-5 as well as being fairly sloshy on gear changes, and whining in 1st gear. From what research I have done this could be fixed with a remap, or a transmission fluid change, but have also heard that I may need a new valve body or transmission in general. Just from my experience with other cars it almost seems like my transmission may be a little low on fluid. I am looking for advice from someone that has had experience with the transmission to see if the simple fixes will fix it or if I will be looking at a $1000+ repair. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Valve body is a known issue with the AF40 (6 speed) transmission. Here's some background from this forum:

Search results for query: valve body TCM AF40

You can reset TCM by pulling fuse #2 in the UEC (big fuse box under the hood) to see if that helps.
I just went ahead and tried pulling the TCM fuse to reset it and that did the charm. Really happy I tried this though will still be going to get a fluid change just to do some preventative maintenance.

·
Super Moderator
19,138 Posts
AW-1 fluid only, please.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts