SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my lady an automatic 2.8L Aero about a month because she wanted one, 129k miles, I didnt do any research about known issues before purchasing. I test drove it, everything worked. Continued to work fine first week of ownership then...., the no start when hot issue. Took to stealership, paid $226 for them to tell me it needed a $1200 fuel pump because of low fuel pressure code that could cause annoying start issue. I replaced it myself, got the $400 pump, still had same code, replaced $60 fuel rail sensor, code problem gone, no start issue still present, spent hours here reading and researching, you guys/gals are are an amazing bunch, decided to replace CPS, it was pita, ran great for a few days then no start, no crank when hot reappeared. Also ABS traction control error messages appeared, most of the time the AC quits when ABS error arises. Checked all wiring and wheel sensors and couldnt find anything amiss. Had a random "lost communication with steering column module" error and also the P0496 evap code, those rarely pop up. Is it possible that the abs module could also be causing the no start no crank problem? Battery is 6 mths old and OK. I really need suggestions as to what to try next. Love the car, great fun to drive, I just want her, and myself to be able to trust it. Thanks in advance for any input. It seems like every known issue these cars have presented themselves all at once.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I second abs module. Had same issue, replaced and fixed all issues with dash lights, freezing gauges, a/c kicking off, and hot restart issue. You can try tapping on the abs module plug firmly, or jiggle the plug and see if it starts. That worked for nearly a year (progressively got worse) until one day that no longer worked reliably. Try to find a replacement with the exact same part#'s if going used.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hadn't read anywhere that the abs module could be the cause of the no start while hot issue but it does make some sense. I was willing to live with the ABS error lights and no AC but if there is a chance this will fix all of these. This will be my next attempt. Thanks to you both. I have seen others have success on here having the original sent off for repair. I believe I'll go that route also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
100% the abs module. next time you encounter a no crank no start pop the hood. the ECBM (abs module) sits near the firewall on the drivers side. it will be to the right our power steering reservoir. there is a harness that plugs into the top of your module/pump assembly. what happens is the solder joints become weak within the unit and can fault when extremely warm. if you wiggle the harness while it is connected you will be able to clear the abs/traction/cel/no ac issues. don't buy a new module, i sent mine off to BA Reman and for under 200 they had it fixed and back within a week

1 - 6 of 6 Posts