SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all im new here ive read up a bunch and cant find some specifics. My issue is no bass at all in my sound system i have the 300 watt 9 or 10 speaker system (not sure) all door speakers and center dash speaker work the 2 bass speakers in the front and the 2 in the back are non op. Very crappy.i want to get it going by just replacing the amp. I just don't know which amp it is. Basically my question is which amp is responsible for the bass? Theres a few junkyards in my area and i can snag both for around 15 bucks each. (Hopefully they work) ive been very lucky with this car to my understanding its the rarest there is (for the usa) ita a 06 2.8T 6 speed manual. I got it for 1100 would't start turened out to be the ABS unit needed tires and a windsheild, a few other small things. And it had bad sun damaged paint that i fixed up ill post pics for yall shes pretty now. In the end its cost me around 1800 and id like to keep that cost low thats why im just lookong to replace the factory amp. Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it's an 06 there should be 2 amps I under the front left seat and one in the boot/trunk << this statement relates to the sedan..
REC= Rear Electrical Center..
Sedan,combi or vert..
Thank you!
Im on my way to the junk yard ill post results

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if you have the 13sp system 6x9s on the rear shelf are powered by amp2 by the REC,there are nothing but bass and the front doors powered by amp1.
Turned out i have the 13 speaker system and the rear 6x9 speakers were out i replaced them with some kickers and its great as for the 6.5" in the doors it may be the amp because new speakers didnt work. The ones in the dash work just fine so i upgraded the two corner 3.5 inch to kickers as well and the middle with a 4" poineer. Im pretty satisfied with it like this but id like to figure out the door situation too. I followed the spaker wiring to the connector by the mirror and tried plugging it in there, still nothin.

·
Super Moderator
8,337 Posts
the middle 4" is powered by amp1 also..how did you work out which wires were postive and negative for the speaker(and yes it does matter) if wired wrong speakers are out of phase..Hope you ditched the stock tweeters when you replaced the front 3.5 and rear 4" ones

door speakers are 2 ohms,the rest are 4ohms..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the middle 4" is powered by amp1 also..how did you work out which wires were postive and negative for the speaker(and yes it does matter) if wired wrong speakers are out of phase..Hope you ditched the stock tweeters when you replaced the front 3.5 and rear 4" ones

door speakers are 2 ohms,the rest are 4ohms..
I did a lot of reaserch #1 is negative and #2 is positive. The rear 4 inch ones were already aftermarket. I did get rid of the stock tweeters. yes all 4ohm i did try 2 ohm on the doors, nothing

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
problem with amp1,could try carefully unplugging the connector and reconnecting it..

I've replaced all my speakers in mine except for the doors as there actually not that bad,the 3.5/4" ones were..
Im gonna give that a shot ill even take it apart and clean it. If it doesnt work thats fine i can go back to the junkyard. Yeah those stock speakers on the dash are paper trash.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
problem with amp1,could try carefully unplugging the connector and reconnecting it..

I've replaced all my speakers in mine except for the doors as there actually not that bad,the 3.5/4" ones were..
Yes i noticed the door speakers were actually good quality. I accidentily damaged one getting it out i didnt notice it was soldered on there so ill have to replace them once i get the amp going. Out of curiosity what would have happened if i left the stock tweeters in there as well? I thought about it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got amp 1 replaced (30$) now all 13 technically 14 since the middle one in the dash has a tweeter as well speakers are going sounds pretty darn good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts