SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 9-5 Aero Wagon. 100K miles. Starts and runs great when cold and keeps running until shut off. Won't restart when hot.
I'm thinking CPS or DIC. Any other suggestions.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Mid range CPS symptom. Mine wouldn't stay running and the engine had to be stone cold to start.

·
Registered
'86 SPG, '08 9-3 Aero Combi, '06 9-5 Combi
19 Posts
My '06 did the same thing last year and I replaced the CPS. Didnt fix it. Next was a new DIC and that did the trick. I dont know of a way to diagnose either effectively. I started with the CPS because it was less expensive. Both of them are items that just require periodic replacement anyway. So now I don't have to worry about either for quite a while.

Maybe someone else will have more advise on how to diagnose which one it could be. Like Nocturne says above - maybe a CPS issue needs to be cold to start at all and wont stay running?

My car ran good but if I stopped somewhere, I'd have to wait for the car to cool off before it word start again. Again, my issue was the DIC.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
My '06 did the same thing last year and I replaced the CPS. Didnt fix it. Next was a new DIC and that did the trick. I dont know of a way to diagnose either effectively. I started with the CPS because it was less expensive. Both of them are items that just require periodic replacement anyway. So now I don't have to worry about either for quite a while.

Maybe someone else will have more advise on how to diagnose which one it could be. Like Nocturne says above - maybe a CPS issue needs to be cold to start at all and wont stay running?

My car ran good but if I stopped somewhere, I'd have to wait for the car to cool off before it word start again. Again, my issue was the DIC.
One thing I know about CPS is that if you crank the car and the tachometer doesn't move, that's a good indicator of CPS failure. Usually the DIC starts to fail by first throwing codes P1312, P1334, P0340 (and possibly others). CPS does not usually throw any codes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts