SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On the way back from Denver my ac decided to stop blowing cold air. I had the freon checked and it is good. The wiring on the compressor is good, no blown fuses and no leaks. The clutch on the compressor does not kick on. I know on this model to do a calibration you have to push the on button and recon button at the same time to calibrate it. Anyway to pull codes on this model? On the older ones it came up on the SID. I do not believe so on this one.

Either way if you have any suggestions then please let me know.

Thanks.

P.S. a jumper was done directly to the compressor to bypass any relays and it still did not engage.

·
Registered
480 Posts
On my '05 9-5 the AC occasionally cycles between warm and cold air eg warm day, AC blowing nice and cool, then blows unpleasantly warm, then back to cool.

Would this be the compressor or possibly something else?

:edit:

No codes when I run the panel diagnostic btw

·
Registered
207 Posts
So our Saab's use blend doors? It was the motor that opens and closes inside the dashboard that allows the air to circulate. If so, they could be stuck, I had the same problem on Jeep Grand Cherokkee where one minute it's cold then it's blowing hot air into the cabin etc. Without fixing properly only way around it was to reduce the temp to minimum or maxium and then set to whatever temp say 19c and then it was fine again... was a temp fix though

·
Registered
8,160 Posts
On my '05 9-5 the AC occasionally cycles between warm and cold air eg warm day, AC blowing nice and cool, then blows unpleasantly warm, then back to cool.

I'd make sure the refrigerant charge was correct. A Tech II would show right away what the pressure sensors are reporting, and whether the compressor has been turned on or not.

Unlike the compressors on older models, I don't see any mention of thermal/overheat protection on the compressor.

https://saabwisonline.com/c8/wis/9-5/2005/8-body/heating-and-ventilation-a-c/technical-description-heating-and-ventilation-a-c/engaging-the-a-c/

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

:edit:

No codes when I run the panel diagnostic btw
Sounds like it is low on freon.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I'd make sure the refrigerant charge was correct. A Tech II would show right away what the pressure sensors are reporting, and whether the compressor has been turned on or not.

Unlike the compressors on older models, I don't see any mention of thermal/overheat protection on the compressor.

https://saabwisonline.com/c8/wis/9-5/2005/8-body/heating-and-ventilation-a-c/technical-description-heating-and-ventilation-a-c/engaging-the-a-c/
Sounds like it is low on freon.
Cheers guys. I'll check that out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts