SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When temperatures dip into the single digits... and when ever my ABS or traction control kicks in I get a squealing from behind the steering wheel somewhere. I'm assuming that it has something to do with the hydraulic fluid... but the dealer hasn't ever heard of this. Everything seems to work, it is just noisy until the car warms up. Any thoughts?

- Frozen in Minnesota.

·
Registered
368 Posts
My 06 is not doing this. Also in Minnesota. So there may be something wrong with yours.

Nice day, huh. -7F driving around this morning.

Does yours periodically say "ABS / TCS failure" every once in a while? Or incorrectly say a headlamp burned out (due to TCS action)? Mine does those things when it's below about 10F.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm in Minnesota too and noticed the same thing on the way home from work today. It was about -7 when I left and the car been sitting outside in the cold all day. The first few times I hit the brakes, there was a strange squealing/squeking sound coming from somewhere in the front of the car. It went away after it the car warmed up a little and didn't do it this morning, but she was in a "warm" garage overnight. Will have to listen for it again tomorrow. Never really noticed this before. Strange :)

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
When that cold, cars make a bunch of strange noises.

If it goes away when warm I wouldn't worry too much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts