SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First things first, I know absolutely nothing about cars I work on houses.

Codes
P1351
P1341

Just had a new turbo installed, new plugs, new coil packs and a new turbo bypass valve installed. Old turbo was bad and heavily smoked from exhaust. After all was replaced something is still not right. First start of the day runs great until it warms up then the performance goes down. It feels like it doesn't want to down shift to go faster when pushing the gas like it use to. Also coolant reservoir starts rising and eventually causes it to boil out of reservoir overflow tube. Any suggestions would be

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
You have bad coil in cyl 1.
You must use only original coils, aftermarket coils acts just like you described.
Which spark plugs you use?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have bad coil in cyl 1.
You must use only original coils, aftermarket coils acts just like you described.
Which spark plugs you use?
Just bought the car drove it for a week then turbo went out. Been working on it for last 2 weeks now. As fast as I know it the original plugs. Which do you recommend? If I do the coil should I do them all?

·
Super Moderator
8,569 Posts
B207 engine plugs are NGK PFR6T or D-10G

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just bought the car drove it for a week then turbo went out. Been working on it for last 2 weeks now. As fast as I know it the original plugs. Which do you recommend? If I do the coil should I do them all?
Just to share I replaced the coil pack in cylinder 1 and icm no problems now. Ty

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just to share I replaced the coil pack in cylinder 1 and icm no problems now. Ty
Im glad you had success. Im still a little worried about the overheat condition. If that returns have your engine “chemically block tested” to ensure the head gasket isn’t leaking combustion gasses into the cooling system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts