SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a couple months ago, i finally got my dream car, and now someone has totaled it for me. An 'o5 aero wagon manual w/ nav & sport tech. A nationwide search turned one up in SLC Utah & i flew out to pick up the garaged beauty. i geuess i will never find another one. maybe an auto though, but i like to shift for myself. very irritating to lose something so special to a driver making silly mistakes. She made a left turn right in my face as i went 40 mph.;oops: the whole drivers side is mashed from the nose to half the door. Somehow, the airbags didn't deploy so maybe it will be repairable but they are never quite the same.
SO how rare is the 'o5 aero wagon w/ nav 5spd man. & sport tech (2 tone seats and carbon fiber dash surround plus some other things) '05 is the first year for nav , which i used and enjoyed, but i dont like the '06 redesign. so it has to be another 'o5. Maybe an idea is to buy a regular aero wagon and transfer the nav, carbon dash, and 2 tone sport seats to it. Anyone have some thoughts and/ or advice? anyone know if the nav can be swapped into an 03 or 04?

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
THye had nav in 03 and earlier jsut a different manufacturer it will transfer right over you need to add a sat antenna tho..

So the swap it woudl be way cool

·
Registered
777 Posts
Same exact thing happend to me a week ago, lady turned right into the front of my car with her denali and smashed the drivers side headlight and corner light along with the hood on that side and fender. Somehow the front spoiler was ok which is awesome cause I had bought a new one about a year ago. Hopefully it will be settled by tomorrow so I can drive my car.

·
Registered
609 Posts
If it's that important then take the parts you want from the smashed car and put them in another '05.

Sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
777 Posts
If you don't mind waiting I'm sure you can find another 05 aero wagon with a 5 speed. Yes they are rare, but still findable and I think there are more 5speed options on 05s than say 2000-2001 aeros. If you can't find any you could always buy a non-aero 5 speed wagon in whatever year preferred and switch the suspension over along with the nav, seats, and dash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts