SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've had my Aero for some months now, and all was going OK until....

Cue Flashing SID, Relay sounds and guess what - No roof opening possible!

Luckily, the car was due in the dealers today to get a new centre air-vent installed (long story, already had 2 that didn't fit properly!).

So, Car goes into dealer, and they inform me that there is a re-call on all the verts for a Roof Software Upgrade....

They didn't have a clue what it upgraded, so if anyone's got any information, let me know!

They traced the fault down to the master fuse having blown, they can't determine why it failed, but might be the reason for the s/w upgrade.... (hmmm.....)......

Still, I'm now on air vent number 4, and guess what - it still doesn't fit properly...... letter to Saab next I guess......

Since the roof is now fixed, it does seem to open/close more smoothly - maybe they've optimised the movement somewhat !

·
Registered
248 Posts
Shame to read about the problems.

Apart from that though, how is the car to drive, and are you generaly happy with it? What sort of mpg are you getting?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Sorry to hear of your difficulty with the roof. I have an 04 convertible and had to have one of the sensors replaced. The top would open, but when closing, it would not latch in the rear and generated a message to the effect "manual operation only...contact service center." Otherwise no problems. In any event, does anyone know if there is an update available for the software for the 04? Should I request this from the dealership. Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just back from Belgium...... ( and now off to Blackpool!)

Well, everything seems fixed now (airvent still not fixed, but does look better!)

Not sure what the roof software upgrade did, but I have the feeling that the whole operation is smoother - could just be me, but I'm happy to have it working again.

On the whole, the Aero is a fine piece of kit. Quietly powerful, as everyone else on here says, it's very easy to look down at the speedo and find yourself doing speeds way in excess of the limit!

Niggles? The steering does wander sometimes under hard throttle, and sometimes under severe braking - try nailing the brake pedal at 120mph - she sheds speed like I don't know what - abs, "esp" and traction control came on, one and only 1 squeel from the tyres, and she stopped. How I hate white vans with no spatial awareness.... The cars behind had fun too!

Needed the parking brake adjusted a couple of times - 6 notches to engaged was not acceptable!

The stereo is pretty naff (just have the basic head unit, not the 4 speaker one though) - turn it up high is the best trick with the roof down. If you really want to, get the air-deflector, then everything is just fine - it really makes a difference.

At 6,800 miles now, front tyres are about 1/2 way through their life, and I think the brakes are about the same. I'm thinking Ceramics when they're due for replacement.

I've tried a panel-filter upgrade from my previous 1.8t, sounds impressive, but seems to lack mid-range power - can't really tell the difference from the stock filter (apart from the increased noise and boost dump)

Bluetooth Nokia hands-free kit installed A-OK, but had to use the supplied mic, as the built-in one is too quiet.

Aux installed - made my own cable, and the dealer turned it on for nothing (well, I had just brought an air-deflector - sit down in shock - they're expensive, but the dealer is the cheapest place to buy).

I really must get some new pictures up - it's wash and shine time this weekend.:cool:

As for knowing anything about an 04 roof upgrade, I have no knowledge - best to ask the dealer.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey there,

I just read this thread yesterday but didn't really think it would affect my vert and then lo and behold, one of my colleagues in the Nottingham office called me today saying they just received an envelope from Saab with 3 letters in them addressed to the 3 of us who got 05 Verts last Sept/Oct. The letters say something about a rectification required for the hood operation (he's sending me the letter so I don't have the exact wording yet) and so I've to take it in for the fix sometime soon. I'll try and find out exactly what it fixes when I take it in and let you know.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Re-call on verts - and maybe comfort close ?

I’m off to dealer next Wednesday, due to a re-call on my -04 vert.
I asked my dealer what the re-call was all about. He said it contained a software upgrade, and some "hard-ware" upgrade.

I believe it contains a "fix" due to some off the problems that have been with hydraulic leaks from the "hoses" in the roof. I’ve had that repaired 6 months ago.

In the advertising of the -06 verts model in Norway, the brochure says that there is an option for comfort close of the roof?

I hope the -06 software upgrade makes this possible.:roll:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts