SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 9-3 bsr stage 1 with bsr intake and my friend keeps asking me to race his '93 stock non turbo supra about 220 hp. my car is about 215 hp his is a manual mine is auto. is he going to embarrass me or will this be close?

·
Registered
150 Posts
If his is non-turbo, and stock, I think you'll edge him out. When I first saw the title of this thread, I assumed turbo, and immediately thought "you'll get raped", lol. My mom had a 91 Supra turbo (back in 91) and that thing was bad. Highly underrated.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
60 roll and it wont be even close. boost limited in 2nd gear means a 40 roll will make it a close race

·
Registered
273 Posts
I think it will be close no matter what. I raced a buddies 89 7m and got waxed from a 60 roll but then again he was turbocharged and about 300 hp. I really think you could take a n/a supra from any speed but it will be close.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Gotta love the racing posts!!!

Personally I have taken on cars that were faster then mine, I have a stock 04 Aero with a 6 spd and a 10 inch subwoofer in the trunk. I took on my friends 06 Acura RSX Type S with intake, headers, exhaust combo first from a stop he took me as previously stated first and second gear in our saabs arent impressionable and he took off while i lagged behind. From a rolling 60 start he had no chance even with his high revving VTECH. Honestly though its all in how you drive sometimes, i would say do the rolling start and put his supra where it belongs...in your dust.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I see a LOCK coming soon...lol
As long as things stay within the speed limits of the public roads, or on a track where racing belongs, then there'll be no need for a LOCK......
..........But, if things stray outside of legal, then yes, the LOCK won't be far behind.

·
Registered
125 Posts
MY CAR( 05 aero )is in the shop for the spec stage 2+ clutch ,lightweight flywheel, downpipe,catback, and bsr stage 3 upgrade.
do you think i stand a chance racing a late model toyota mr2 from japan (right side drive).?
i will love to smoke im but i cant take a chance of loosing since hes a big mouth and im working everyday with that guy...:eek:

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm thinking about buying an 07 9-3 aero (250hp) now will i have nothing to worry about?

·
Registered
150 Posts
MR2 Turbo is extremely quick (due to it weighing next to nothing)... Don't even think an '07 Aero can tangle with one.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no his isn't a turbo.. just stock 220 hp.. i know nothing about racing but a v6 250hp turbo against non turbo 220hp? i think i'd have him

·
Registered
150 Posts
I see, you're talking about the Supra...
Keep in mind that 220hp non-turbo has 0 turbo lag... And the straight six in the Supra has a tremendous amount of torque. Would still be tough, but definately not outside the realm of possibility. The Supra is a pretty heavy car, so that helps in your favor.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Alright from my best knowledge

As far as the supra if your planning on ending up with an 07 aero, ya you'd have turbo lag it would be a good race however if both of you are equal drivers or your better you should edge him out from a roll or dig it wouldn't matter

As far as the mr2, if it's a n/a you shouldn't have a problem at all however if it's a turbo you'll have your hands full

Stock the mr2 turbo puts out 200 hp
Your putting out Tuned Stg3 268HP / 309Ftlbs with the bsr stage 3

It'd be close, i think it would depend really on the driver, if he's got any mods he'd probably take you

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
because people hate losing now a days...
They dont see the fun in just racing.

When i tracked my car I almost lost to a modded jetta VR6
He ran a 15.1 @ 95mph, I ran a 15.0 @ 92mph.
If the race went further then a 1/4 mile I wouldve lost lol

But I still had a lot of fun, now that Im modded I should have no prob hitting a 14.8 or 14.7

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Haha well I live in Canada so no racing until the summer. I just wanted to know for knowledges sake.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts