SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody,
I'm looking to get some tints done on my 05 9-3 Linear. Can anyone tell me if the scratching problem has been remedied in the 05's, or do I still need to address the 'felting' with the tint shop.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
846 Posts
My local dealer was having a spring special on window tint...including the felt as its a known issue.

I dont know if the felt is required on 2005, but the dealer implied they felt all 93's by default when tinting the windows (front only apparently, was told rear windows wasnt a problem)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I took my 2005 Aero in last week to get it tinted and the shop told me it did have felt. However, my 2004 Arc did as well when I took it in, so the problem must have been corrected sometime during '04.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
fjmtz said:
I took my 2005 Aero in last week to get it tinted and the shop told me it did have felt. However, my 2004 Arc did as well when I took it in, so the problem must have been corrected sometime during '04.
Would somebody be so kind as to describe why felt is needed? I guess init is getting scratched.....where do you apply it and how much do you need?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick replies guys. Just spoke to a shop near here who also said the '05s have the felt now. Gonna have it done on sat. morning. I'll keep you guys posted of any scratches ( or lack thereof, I hope ). The shop said there is still possibilty of a problem later on down the line because the 'seal' is so tight on our cars, but it's something that won't surface for another 3 years or so, and there isn't really anything they can do about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts