SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have an 04 9-3 SS and I recently installed the prestige sound system from the basic sound system. I found Bose dash speakers and put them in, in addition to the Tweeter speakers. After I drive, about 5 minutes after leaving my place, I get a static cracking noise. It's only from those speakers. My AMP1 looked ok when I was working on the prestige system, and yes, that's no guarantee that it's ok, but it's driving me nuts. Anyone have any ideas where to start? I did do the update with my tech 2 so the system acknowledges the 13 speaker upgrade.

·
Super Moderator
20,203 Posts
Dash L/R speakers are fed by EHU.

·
Super Moderator
20,203 Posts
unhook the tweeters first

Reactions: cobra989

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did the tweeters and no change. Admittedly I didn't change anything with the tech 2, but still getting the same static discharge sound.

·
Super Moderator
20,203 Posts
Before digging back into the dash to swap the ICM maybe try putting the oem dash speakers back in?

Reactions: cobra989

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aerojon,
Replaced the Bose ones with the factory ones, right side still does it, but the cone has a puncture so I'm assuming that is the issue there, unless you have any thoughts.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just wanted to give an update/conclusion to this since I finally had a minute to look at it. Speakers were cracking pretty terribly today so I decided to look at the easiest to access part of the system. I pulled up the kick panel that's under the hood release and realized the optical loop had come loose from the connector down in that area. Kept the radio on while I checked the seating of the optical loop and the cracking disappeared. Ordering a new one to ensure it doesn't come loose again. Thanks for the help everyone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts