SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 93 linear 113k

So I noticed by tailights were dim. I opended the trunk and smelled burning wires. The left plasctic connector was RED hot and the black wire into the connector was frayed and appears to be the guilty one. I disconnected it and tried to order a new connector. They are back ordered nation wide. My thought is the Black wire is a ground and the ground must be bad? Can I ground it somewhere else?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
2004 93 linear 113k

So I noticed by tailights were dim. I opended the trunk and smelled burning wires. The left plasctic connector was RED hot and the black wire into the connector was frayed and appears to be the guilty one. I disconnected it and tried to order a new connector. They are back ordered nation wide. My thought is the Black wire is a ground and the ground must be bad? Can I ground it somewhere else?
anywhere on the body of the car

·
Registered
952 Posts
2004 93 linear 113k

I bought one off Ebay..

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc497/Jweber81990/077e67dd.jpg?t=1336086691

·
Registered
675 Posts
This happened to me on my 06 also. Its from corrosion the eventually causes it to short out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts