SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

My dashboard is a Christmas tree, all of the ABS/TCS warning lights are on. I replaced the "slide-out" piece on the ABS module, but the lights stayed on. Now, I have no idea whether that could be because the replacement is not the right part (it looks the same, it smells the same, it fits the same, so it must be the same :)) Any other ideas? Please help. Thank you in advance....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not on this site, but I read elsewhere that it very much could be the module that is directly attached to the ABS control unit. The issue is that it needs to be replaced, and that is about $1,200. Others have mentioned that you could have it reprogrammed for about $300. Yet, others have mentioned to say screw it, I don't need no stinkin' ABS/ETC. I fall in the last category for now. The inspection man doesn't.

I have actually replaced the module with one from a wrecked car, but the lights stayed on, so I may have something else going on. Alternatively, I have two faulty modules. If you find out something, please let me know...

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm fairly confident that the salvaged unit (even if it works) will have to be programmed to work with your vehicle, which requires a TECH II. Someone else may have more knowledge on the subject that I do.

I'm going through a similar problem with my vehicle. I had my module rebuilt for $99 plus $11 shipping. The module is working now, but the mechanic stated there is an issue with my ABS pressure sensor. The sensor is on order, so hopefully that will rectify the situation once it's installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts