SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello! Yesterday I finalized the purchase of a 2004 9-3 2.0t. I bought it knowing that it was missing the housing for the driver's side headlight, but after getting home yesterday I noticed that one of the directional sprayer caps was also missing, so when the headlight washers activate, it sprays washer fluid straight up in the air and all over the front bumper and hood. I've done some googling about replacing both the housing and the cap, and I haven't really gotten any solid results, at least nothing where I've been sure it's the right piece.

The missing sprayer housing:

The sprayers, the cap on the right is gone.

So basically here are my two questions:

1. Where can I purchase the housing and sprayer cap, if anywhere?
2. If the sprayer cap can't be purchased, would it be harmful to just cover it up with duct tape or something?

Thanks for any help!

*edit* I found what I think is the correct part for the housing from thesaabsite.com:

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
The pump for the headlight is separate I believe. You could just disconnect it to stop them from spraying at all. At least till you can fix it properly.

Try saabusaparts.com
or thesaabsite.com

I think they both have them but be forewarned they are not cheap.

From the photos it looks like your going to need the sprayers and covers for both sides. About $200 for all parts needed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The pump for the headlight is separate I believe. You could just disconnect it to stop them from spraying at all. At least till you can fix it properly.

Try saabusaparts.com
or thesaabsite.com

I think they both have them but be forewarned they are not cheap.
Yeah, that's all I've been able to find. I'm really not interested in paying that much to replace the whole thing since the pump itself works fine. It's just this little tiny piece of plastic I'm missing, haha. Do you know if just covering up the sprayer will harm anything?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts