SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 2.0T with standard chassis. I've upgraded to Koni FSD's and would like a sportier spring and ARB package with stock ride height or with not more than 15mm (1/2") lower ride height (FSD's can only accept up to 15 mm drop).

I have not been able to find any after market springs that are stiffer at normal or slightly lower ride height. Does anyone know of any?

Failing that are there SAAB OEM options?

Are there '04-'05 North American Aeros (2.0T) with sport chassis (stiffer and/or lower ride height)? I guess there are also later model Euro 2.0T Aeros do they come with sport chassis. I know some North American Aeros in this pre-2006 era had standard chassis.

Assuming it exists. Does anyone know how the 2.0T Aero sport chassis compares in stiffness and ride height to the 2006 2.0Ts standard chassis?

In case you are wondering I have looked at 2006-2010 Aero (V6) springs, but have been told by the dealer that they are designed for the much heavier V6 and would not ride as low as on the Aero, and might actually ride higher than the springs I have.

If after all of this some of you know the answers to my questions and there are stiffer/lower springs available for my 2.0T, do you have SAAB part numbers or a VIN that I can get part #s for?

I'm very appreciative to anyone who can help.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I put a set of struts and springs on a 03 2.0T from an 08 aero with no decernable difference...

·
Registered
435 Posts
I had the standard (non-Aero) suspension as well. I used FSD's in combination with Aero springs (non-V6). It produced a slight drop. FSD's are designed to be used with Aero springs anyways. I think this is your only option.

·
Registered
752 Posts
my friend with the '03 said his car handles better with the Aero suspension than with the non-aero!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just for clarity, I want to differentiate the V6 Aero from the 2.0T Aero available in Europe and before 2006in NA.

Shipjumper, which one are you refering to?

Given the cost of SAAB springs and the availability of the Hirsch springs (15 MM drop) I'm considering the Hirsch. There hasn't been much traffic in the past couple of years regarding Hirsch springs with FSDs. can anyone bring any fresh commentary to the discussion for this option?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
752 Posts
2008 USA aero springs and struts (assembly from ebay recycler) installed on a USA 03 Vector

·
Registered
435 Posts
I know when I was looking at FSD's vs. Koni Yellows about a year ago, the opinion was overwhelmingly against using FSD's with lowering springs in the 9-3 application (ok on other vehicles). That said, there were users who had no problems with lowering springs. I emailed Koni NA before purchase, and they informed me that using lowering springs would void the lifetime warranty (big reason for going with FSD's in the first place) because they were designed to work with stock Aero springs. That sealed the deal for me.

That doesn't mean it won't work for you, but keep that in mind. The front springs were about $120 from Eeuroparts.com, and I found used Aero springs for the rear for about $30.

Again, I'm talking about the 2.0T models, not the V6

·
Registered
613 Posts
I dunno about your question but, Aero springs are 10mm lower than arc/linear springs and I have a set of Aero springs off my 05 I'm needing to sell. I changed my susp to koni yella/vogtland springs. You need em I got em. You pay shipping and they're your's for $150. I'm in Texas, retired military and honest and I'll take paypal.

I have a 2006 2.0T with standard chassis. I've upgraded to Koni FSD's and would like a sportier spring and ARB package with stock ride height or with not more than 15mm (1/2") lower ride height (FSD's can only accept up to 15 mm drop).

I have not been able to find any after market springs that are stiffer at normal or slightly lower ride height. Does anyone know of any?

Failing that are there SAAB OEM options?

Are there '04-'05 North American Aeros (2.0T) with sport chassis (stiffer and/or lower ride height)? I guess there are also later model Euro 2.0T Aeros do they come with sport chassis. I know some North American Aeros in this pre-2006 era had standard chassis.

Assuming it exists. Does anyone know how the 2.0T Aero sport chassis compares in stiffness and ride height to the 2006 2.0Ts standard chassis?

In case you are wondering I have looked at 2006-2010 Aero (V6) springs, but have been told by the dealer that they are designed for the much heavier V6 and would not ride as low as on the Aero, and might actually ride higher than the springs I have.

If after all of this some of you know the answers to my questions and there are stiffer/lower springs available for my 2.0T, do you have SAAB part numbers or a VIN that I can get part #s for?

I'm very appreciative to anyone who can help.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can you tell me the color code on the spring? Would you mind sending a pic or two? I'll PM you my email address.

Thanks man this has been a long hard search.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dunno about your question but, Aero springs are 10mm lower than arc/linear springs and I have a set of Aero springs off my 05 I'm needing to sell. I changed my susp to koni yella/vogtland springs. You need em I got em. You pay shipping and they're your's for $150. I'm in Texas, retired military and honest and I'll take paypal.
TMAX,

If you are still interested in selling me your spring let me know on Tuesday as I am buying a new set if I don't hear from you.

Thanks.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Sorry, I don't get on the forum too much. I've still got them if you want.They're boxed up in the Vogtland box. I don't know what you mean by color code. My 9-3 is and 05 Aero.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts