SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to trade in my Ranger 4x4 for a saab, and then buy a beater truck for home repair purposes and stuff. I just can't deal with 16 mpg any more. Plus I drive about 25k per year. Anyway my wife has a 9-5 with the v6 and it has been great for 85k miles (60 of which were ours). We got the v6 for fear of sludge, which is why I am looking at 9-3's. I need a manual and should probably get the 2.0T cause I like to mod and drive. Both of these have the 2.0T correct? What are the other differences. I have read up on the '03 reliability issues, but am not clear as to how many of the bugs were worked out by '04. They are both comming in with about 40k miles and are listed at about $14k. The dealer only has arcs in '05 and and 06 models.

Share thoughts if you want or just wish me happy hunting.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
By now, the 2003 should have all the updates that have been issued and I would guess all the major bugs have been worked out. Of course, the build quality may be a bit better on the '04 (and even better on an '05) because of familiarity of construction at the factory.

Between the two, if you are looking to mod the car, you are probably better off starting with the Vector (or a 2004-95 Aero) because it comes with a lot of mods right from the factory: lowered sport suspension, sport seats, a ground effects kit, trunk lid spoiler, etc. Keep in mind the Arc will probably ride better with its normal suspension, the sport suspension is rather harsh, too harsh for me at times.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gonna go check them out at the dealer tomorrow. The '04 says "remainder of factory warranty," and I think it had 35k on it. They also have some '05 and '06 linears, but I think they still had the 2.0t. I'll make sure I get the printouts of the work that has been done. We'll see. They probably won't give me enough on my trade to make it worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts