SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Morning all!

So I've had my Vector for about 2 weeks now, and I've loved every moment of it. Its already hit 57,000 Km's and I just enjoy driving it, considering the upgrade from the 1994 900s!

HOWEVER.
In the past 2 days, the car seems to be lacking acceleration all of a sudden.
For example, when I take off from a stand still, I put my foot down to reach 60 kmph as quick as possible. Its fine till about 40kmph - Then the car just revs. Once I hit 60, I ease my foot off the accelerator and the car continues to rev for another second. IT DID NOT do this for the first 2 weeks I've had it, its the same when I go to 80, or 100.

FYI - The car is Auto w Sentronic Shifting on the wheel.

It just keeps revving, however the speed doesn't follow. Has anyone else had these problems?

Perhaps my gear timing/changes are off? If so, can these be reset?

If someone can help shed some further light into this situation, please help. My last SAAB had gear issues - I only hope this one doesn't either.

Thanks,
Jono

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
This sounds like worn clutch packs. But you probably need a Tech2 to actually montior what the transmission is doing. There have been some software "fixes" for the Sentronic, and your dealer should be able to tell if they have been applied.

I have a 6 spd, so I can't personally comment on specific behavior characteristics of the Saab auto trannies. 57,000 km seems early for clutch packs to go, so I would presume this is some kind of programming issue or trouble with the throttle position sensor.

Anything else done to the car?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your reply, I am a bit unexperienced with the whole transmission thing. What are the clutch packs and how many are there? Just driving then, it really just seems to be 2nd gear. How much would these clutch packs roughly cost to replace?

The car is 100% stock.

I'll chase up and find out if there have been any patches applied for the Sentronic, and also get them to hook it up Tech2 to find out exactly what it is.

Thank

1 - 5 of 5 Posts