SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed to stove in my front bumper and grill the other day. I'm hoping I can turn this into a positive. Will an '04 bumper be a direct fit? I know I'd have to go with the round fogs but the '04 bumpers look pretty smooth. I'd really like to update the nose of the car and I'm likely going to ask the auto body if they'll do it.

On another note.....it was a fairly good impact and the car took the force pretty well. This is a safety-rich car.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Yes, it will fit from what I have read.

Lots of people like the 04'-05' bumpers and do the upgrade. For '01 and older cars I know that it is a fair bit of work to swap.

There is a thread somewhere on hwo to do the swap....

·
Registered
313 Posts
So worth it. I upgraded it on my car and can't tell you how much I like it.

This is the list I could find:

Parts list for 2002-2003 to 2004/2005 conversion:
12-755-354 fog light (ones left the other is right.)
12-762-584 fog light
54-91-584 left fog light grille
54-91-592 right fog light grille
54-74-440 fog light harness
400-133-211 front bumper cover aero (this cover is for a car with headlamp washers)
54-91-568 lower grille
54-91-576 lower grille reinforcement.Parts list for 2002-2003 conversion.

I'd check into again though. Rough cost for parts is around $1200..

·
Registered
462 Posts
I had it done to my '03 Aero. Worth every penny! I love the look....Next car will be another '03 Aero in a different color with the same upgrade!!!! Zebulon

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ClemsonScout said:
So worth it. I upgraded it on my car and can't tell you how much I like it.

This is the list I could find:

Parts list for 2002-2003 to 2004/2005 conversion:
12-755-354 fog light (ones left the other is right.)
12-762-584 fog light
54-91-584 left fog light grille
54-91-592 right fog light grille
54-74-440 fog light harness
400-133-211 front bumper cover aero (this cover is for a car with headlamp washers)
54-91-568 lower grille
54-91-576 lower grille reinforcement.Parts list for 2002-2003 conversion.

I'd check into again though. Rough cost for parts is around $1200..
The only thing the insurance co. won't allow for is the fog light upgrades since mine escaped without injury. Approx. how much would the whole light kit cost (body shop's cost)?

Thanks

·
Registered
313 Posts
Roughly... These prices are the lowest you can get from a dealer. Dealer list price is about 40% higher.

fog lights 122.40 each

harness 27.00
screws 15.84
clips 7.92

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice, I've got about $3200 to spend but that includes two new xenon lamp assemblys @ $730 each. I've got no problem pulling out my own cash to finish this.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I bought the whole front end including Fogs for about $1000....The local Saab Dealership just worked with me. Because my old front end was in good shape, I sold it to another Forum Member and sold the Fogs on EBay to help with the cost. The Install and paint was done by another shop to the tune of $950....You'll love the difference!...........Zebulon

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright...Just got the chariot back today and I'm stoked. I love the new smile my car is sporting. I managed to get the upgrade done for an additional $230 in parts. Insurance covered the rest.

The only issue I noticed was the driver's side headlight washer cover isn't fitting flush (see in the pics). I'll have to investigate further. That will certainly bug the hell out of me.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v32/Topper/ :D

BTW, I'll have a bumper cover and set of fogs for sale for anyone interested. The bumper in intact and has no real damage other than the scuffs on the top. The fogs are perfect and were undamaged.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Wow that looks great! I want to do that to my Linear along with these wheels:

Although I think I should do the wheels before the bodywork.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks. I think it looks much nicer.

I also have a set of 2 piece BBS RKIIs in my garage that will totally complete the new look. I've always liked those 5 spokes from the newer models.

Spring can't get here fast enough.

G

·
Did you notice that the rebar was a different shape than the new bumper? Perhaps the rh side was impacted by the crash and thats why it fits on that side but not the lh side? I'm especially curious if the first generation bumper requres a new rebar to complete the conversion to factory spec.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Dissident16 said:
Thanks. I think it looks much nicer.

I also have a set of 2 piece BBS RKIIs in my garage that will totally complete the new look. I've always liked those 5 spokes from the newer models.

Spring can't get here fast enough.
Interested in selling your current wheels? ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts