SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a new jvc kwm150bt in my 02 saab 95 wagon as3 car and i followed all the posts but its not retaining any memory it resets everytime. And noone ever covered this but what settings do i put my scorche input output coverter on any insite would be appriciated!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
My guess is that the power wire is wired incorrectly. Not the main power wire but the one for the clock needs to be wired to main power and the 12v for radio needs to be wired to accessory 12v. I think you have them backwards is my guess.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah i did notice that the wire harness for the vehicle i bought the yellow n red was switched so i just reverse wired those maybe i did get cofused and not switch then back at unit
Okay so what about my factory amp power since on that model it doesnt connect there n has a seperate power feed, do i have to tape into that power with my acc wire

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My guess is that the power wire is wired incorrectly. Not the main power wire but the one for the clock needs to be wired to main power and the 12v for radio needs to be wired to accessory 12v. I think you have them backwards is my guess.
The one for the clock?? Im not sure what u mean

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And there's a connecterr thats not plugged into anything i cant find any info online ill post those pics first and previous owner spliced what looks like the the dice/twice fuse #5 and that runs to the radio area it wasnt connected to anything when i got the car and the fuse was missing actually it was missing until like yesterday??

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
The one for the clock?? Im not sure what u mean

Older radios used to show a wire for Bat and a wire for Clock, so one was always hot (Clock) and one was switched power (Bat). I'm looking at pictures of my radio and it doesn't show a clock wire so no help there.

·
Registered
9,749 Posts
Saab has interesting ways of labeling their power wires. If you look at the diagram on top of the radio, +15 is the ignition-switched power wire and +30 is the constant power wire (backup or clock).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well u were right about the memory so thata done but!! Ik still tryin to figure out this headunit to amp deal see i bought the output converter. So i have my car harness with rca goojg to out or which sver one the guy says to in the post here and then i have my headunit speaker wire going to other side. But when i looo at other ppls stuff there still hooking stuff up to their headunit preouts and i dont have anything to put there? So idk ill take pics of it here in a lil maybe somone can trll me when im not doing right

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
If you're still using the Saab factory amp (it's on the right hand A-pillar behind the carpet) you need to use the Pre-out from the new head unit. (and a set of ground loop isolators to prevent the loud pop). you also need to wire the "amp turn on" lead from the head unit into the wiring harness.

Saab is odd with its wiring, on the main harness there is only an un switched power, that should go to the "red" wire (usually) on your new head unit. If you want a wire that works when you turn the key on to turn the unit on without having to turn the car fully on you can find it on the back of the headlight switch.

go here if you want to read all about what you have to do to make it work properly

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you're still using the Saab factory amp (it's on the right hand A-pillar behind the carpet) you need to use the Pre-out from the new head unit. (and a set of ground loop isolators to prevent the loud pop). you also need to wire the "amp turn on" lead from the head unit into the wiring harness.

Saab is odd with its wiring, on the main harness there is only an un switched power, that should go to the "red" wire (usually) on your new head unit. If you want a wire that works when you turn the key on to turn the unit on without having to turn the car fully on you can find it on the back of the headlight switch.

go here if you want to read all about what you have to do to make it work properly

Thats where im getting stumped at is when i look at stock radio it has that little diagram of the wires and theres only amp mute Tele mute ant.trig 30+ 15+ and grnd. So i have to splice into the amp wireharness for that amp remot connection?? Thats where im getting stumped at

·
Registered
9,749 Posts
ANT TRIG (antenna trigger) is the wire you need to connect to in order to turn the amp on. Hook your JVC's antenna/amp trigger wire up to that pin in the wiring harness and the amp will turn on like it should.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts