SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friends dad's 02 9-3 needs a new turbo, but he's not sure wut size is in it, and neither wuz i. just wondering if any of you guys could help? he's hoping its a t4

·
Registered
707 Posts
i have an 01 9-3, it had a gt17 in it. I think in 02, the base model was canned and all the 9-3's were SE's. Your chances of having a td04 in there already are pretty good. Now finding a new one, that's a different story. the guys at saabperformanceparts.com sell rebuild kits for that turbo incase you can't find a new one for a decent price. good luck to ya.:p

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply, i think he's planning to look through ebay for a new one. his dad is not the first owner and the first owner drove it 30k miles with no oil change, the had to put in a new engine and now needs new turbo. does ne one know for sure exactly which one it has?

·
Registered
707 Posts
you don't have to have the exact replacement. but if you want to make sure, the part number is on the side of the turbo on the intake side. so when you get to wrenching, you could make a definite verification there.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
A Gt17 going bad is something I believe, but a TD04? Have him look see if it says Garrett or Mitsubishi.

And I don't know if ebay is the best source for a turbo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts