SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the cold weather is here, i've noticed that my car is having a hard time to hold onto warm temperature. Generally it takes at least 5 minutes to reach running temp and that is only if the heat is off. If i turn the heat on, it will float around 1/4 - 3/8 temp indefinitely. Sometimes reaching running temperature. Sometimes occasionally falling back down. I don't think its the thermostat, as i replaced that roughly a 2 years ago. On my ride home today i had to periodically turn the heat off so my motor could return to temp. Very frustrating on a cold day. coolant isn't low, oil needs to be done pretty soon.

Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
1,464 Posts
Honestly, sounds like the thermostat...

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Honestly, sounds like the thermostat...
Yep...I had this problem a couple years ago. I know you said the t-stat was replaced, but it sure sounds like that to me. Replace the thermostat and the coolant temp sensor at the same time. Make sure you use OEM. I used aftermarket stuff and the car didn't like it, and I had to re-do the job!

·
Registered
593 Posts
I'm having a similar problem. I think it's the temperature sensor. I'm going to change it today.
Thermostat. Replace both parts. They are cheap and located in same area so you will only lose coolant once. Use genuine Saab parts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts