SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Mine seems to leak into the frame rails, as it pours onto my left shoulder when I take off or make a sharp turn. I was thinking saturated cloth top. I lubed my seals with Honda seal grease and the small window/windshield leaking stopped (as well as wind noise above 80 mph).

As for velcro, I think there is a soft noise dampening liner that attaches to them.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I know this is an old(er) thread, but I do have good news to share.

I was leaking profusely (rails, seals, etc...) and was going to give up and garage my 99 Vert.

This is what I did:
- Honda Shin-etsu ( .com/3p9zwk8) seal grease on all seals
- 303 High Tech Fabric Guard ( .com/303HTFG) on vert top (Cleaned top with a Quickie scrub brush and ArmorAll car wash, let dry overnight, sprayed on 303 in garage, used a 2" paint brush to 'rub it in' evenly, let dry overnight, re-applied 303, and let dry)

This weekend, the poor thing had to sit in the driveway (wife's minivan in garage) through hurricane Irene.

Result: Not a drop of water inside at all. Even when driving in the rain on Sunday (during the last parts of the storm in NJ).

There is hope!

PS- Add T-I-N-Y-U-R-L (without dashes) in front of links

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.