SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to show an Audi S8 yesterday what i had under the hood on the autobahn. I was behind him and there was a car in front of him when the car move he punched it and i punched it, i was dead on his bumper so he moved to the side and i came right up even with him and continued to pull away. we got up to about 145mph before we ran into traffic up ahead. Before the traffic his front bumper was by my rear bumper. I love this BSR.:cheesy: By the way this guy works at my job so i guess he will have a little bit of respect for the Saab.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,140 Posts
1st Gen S8 or 2nd Gen?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,211 Posts
fortyb said:
we got up to about 145mph before we ran into traffic up ahead.
Now thats scary - was everyone ok :eek:

Isnt the S8 lighter than the 9-3SS with the V6 and have about 360 bhp :confused:

Maybe he wasnt trying :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it's heavier since it has all wheel drive. yes it's 360 hp
Chris 9-5 said:
Now thats scary - was everyone ok :eek:

Isnt the S8 lighter than the 9-3SS with the V6 and have about 360 bhp :confused:

Maybe he wasnt trying :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
943 Posts
I know that the 2.8t Aero is fearsome, but I didn't know it could hold its own against a car almost 100hp more. Given that it is also very heavy and has got drive train loss due to its AWD.

But hats off to you buddy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
S8 vs. 2.8t

Hey!


I share the same feeling with you man, idk how it happend but I had a rolling start with the latest audi s8 (same engine as in the gallardo) and went up to 255 km with him. He was only a half-a-cars length away...

I was stunned...and still am whenever I think about it


It was crazy, I will soon post a video.

-Eren
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,092 Posts
You guys are all exciting me with this BSR'ed 2.8. I would like to get in one to see the difference. Really is a monster eh?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
943 Posts
The Hirsched 2.8 is no slouch either. The 2.8 engine is only the "lowest" entry point for the block. I believe it can go all the way up to 3.2 in the near future.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's all about getting the respect that the 2.8T should have by other car's that do'nt think the Saab can hang with are outrun. Good run would love to see that video:cheesy:.
AeroErn said:
Hey!


I share the same feeling with you man, idk how it happend but I had a rolling start with the latest audi s8 (same engine as in the gallardo) and went up to 255 km with him. He was only a half-a-cars length away...

I was stunned...and still am whenever I think about it


It was crazy, I will soon post a video.

-Eren
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,309 Posts
Dach said:
The Hirsched 2.8 is no slouch either. The 2.8 engine is only the "lowest" entry point for the block. I believe it can go all the way up to 3.2 in the near future.
The Holden Commodore has a 3.6L (NA 260hp) version down here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
943 Posts
Saba said:
The Holden Commodore has a 3.6L (NA 260hp) version down here.
now only if we could throw that block into a Saab.... a twin scroll/ turbo, RWD/XWD ... .....



I think I wet my pants.........
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top