SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My brother picked up a lovely '00 aero estate automatic for his wife, and I am curious about which turbo the automatic had. I had heard that the automatic versions were fitted with a garret turbo and producing approx 200bhp in order to protect the automatic transmission. Compared with the mitsubishi turbo in the manual, producing 230bhp.

Does anyone know for certain which turbo and what power output the auto has?

Thanks,
Colm.

p.s I took it for a drive and immediately said it needed a new DI and the 'bolt mod' to solve the fuel evap valve issue. no comparison in performance with those simple changes.

W

·
0 Posts
There was an SE version with a V6 for 2000 and that one made 200hp. It was only available with an automatic and has a Garrett turbo.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
I am curious about which turbo the automatic had. I had heard that the automatic versions were fitted with a garret turbo and producing approx 200bhp in order to protect the automatic transmission. Compared with the mitsubishi turbo in the manual, producing 230bhp.
You're getting confused with the 9000 Aero. That car got the 200hp/Garrett/ZF Automatic and 225hp/Mitsu/Manual combination.

All 9-5 Aeros get 230/250/Mitsu with any transmission.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
same horsepower number regardless of transmission type. The automatic does generate slightly less torque than the manual though, specifically to protect the gearbox. I forget what the actual difference is- i believe the auto is 350nm limited where teh manual is 370nm (will generate slightly more than that on overboost)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts