SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever tested it to see what kind of improvement there is after the BSR PPC upgrade (auto tranny)?

And how about stock 0-60 times (MY06 9-3 Aero)?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Cool, I've never seen that. That is Mudmover's video. The relative clocks closely follow the dyno charts I've seen and the tried and true *** dyno :D. They are very similar times to what I have recorded on mine.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
0-60???? Damn, seems quicker than that. I'll have to conduct my own testing, unscientific of course, and report back.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I think the car in the video had the 2.0t instead of the 2.0T, so your aero should be faster, but I would like to know the results of the 2.0T!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Probably mid-high 6s stock, a half second quicker with BSR. 1/4 mile likely around 14.7-14.9 stock, again a half second or so quicker w/BSR. But these are just estimates, I don't have slips to show you, yet.

BTW, fastest I've seen in car magazine for stock auto is 6.4, for manual, 6.1. You might even run a bit quicker after the engine breaks in.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have a 2.0t (175hp) and in manual shift mode I can get 0-60 on a 3 run average of 7.53 sec. Automatic 7.96 sec. If I remember right the guy who made the video said he wasn't trying that hard. No PPC yet. I'm waiting for the Nordic Stg2.

·
Registered
249 Posts
i've always wondered with the stick-o-matics...when they do the 0-60 and 1/4 mile runs....are those straight automatic runs or do they use the shift-o-matic option while doing them...or does the shift-o-matic actually make a difference?

·
Registered
536 Posts
From the reviews I've read if it's an auto then they test it in auto. I haven't read a review that test in manumatic mode. From my tests it does make a difference, especially in 3rd.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After years of experience driving sticks and drag racing I would guess that manually shifting the auto-stick should yield a better 0-60 time than merely leaving it in the auto mode. But since I have that tranny in mine I will do a test and report back.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
You will not regret the purchase - my Saab tech was quite impressed and has seen lots of upgrades over almost 30 years of working on them. And it would be a nice compliment to your exhaust.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Bob Z. said:
That might explain it...my 2.8 Aero better be quicker than the 2.0!
Of course you also have to differ between the 2.0t and the 2.0T (the former Aero here in Europe).
The 2.0T Aero BSR Step 1 should do 0-60 in about 6.8 seconds.

·
Banned
631 Posts
ConstableOC said:
Of course you also have to differ between the 2.0t and the 2.0T (the former Aero here in Europe).
The 2.0T Aero BSR Step 1 should do 0-60 in about 6.8 seconds.
6.8seconds. ummm please show proof of this. Ide love to see it

·
Registered
45 Posts
michaLcoughliN said:
6.8seconds. ummm please show proof of this. Ide love to see it
Hey michaLcoughliN!

I can't, as I don't even own a BSR'ed 2.0T Aero. :)

As I said, I figured the car "should" do the 0-60 sprint in about that time, but that is a guesstimate based on my experience. Over the last months, I collected alot of information on different Saab tuning stages by different companies. I got into contact with BSR (who were the only ones refusing to publish any info on acceleration), Hirsch an Nordic and also talked to a whole bunch of Saab drivers on the net. You can see some of the results on a temporary website I created: http://www.gradwanderer.at/_Projekte/Saab_Tuning/

The collected info and studying the different torque curves led to my guess considering the 247hp 2.0T Aero BSR Step 1's acceleration time I mentioned earlier.

My personal recommendation is Nordic Stage 2 (260hp / 400 Nm) anyway. As it's the case with Hirsch Step 2, you can get it with an improved intercooler, but for about half of it's price. They'll do another run with it in the comming weeks, and I guess they'll beat the time you can see on my website. I'll post the results as soon as I've been informed.

I hope that was of any help to you, just ask if there's any question left.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts