SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I’m new here and I might just be bad at searching the forums, but I’m wondering if a 9-2x Aero hood would fit on my ‘05 9-5 arc sedan. She’s taken so much work to repair and I’m at the point where I can finally make some cosmetic changes. Any other cosmetic suggestions for a beginner would be welcome too! Thanks!!

·
Registered
9,911 Posts
A 9-2X is a Subaru WRX, so no, the hood won't fit. The 9-5 is a much bigger car. You can use the hood from any 1999-2005 9-5, regardless of the engine or trim level. The only thing is that some of the colors changed during that period, so be careful of that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A 9-2X is a Subaru WRX, so no, the hood won't fit. The 9-5 is a much bigger car. You can use the hood from any 1999-2005 9-5, regardless of the engine or trim level. The only thing is that some of the colors changed during that period, so be careful of that.
I see.Honestly I just want the hood scoop, are there any links or tips on how to get a functional aftermarket one on my current hood?

·
Registered
9,911 Posts
A hood scoop won't do anything on a 9-5. It's functional on a 9-2X because the intercooler is mounted on top of the engine, and the hood scoop feeds it directly, but on a 9-5, the air intake, radiator, intercooler, and oil cooler are all up front, behind the upper and lower grilles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ohhh I see. I’m brand new to working on cars in general and didn’t know that. Thanks! Would a 9-5 even look all that great with a hood scoop on just for looks? I’m worried it might be a little small compared to the rest of the hood and car.

·
Registered
9,911 Posts
There was a white 9-5 Aero wagon for sale in Texas, I think, that had a fake hood scoop on it. I didn't care for it. I wish I could find a picture of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts