SaabCentral Forums banner

Wacky Tach!

755 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  SAABotaged900S 
#1 ·
My tachometer went insane yesterday, it just started going from rest to as far as it can go while I was driving, and not just once it just kept going back and forth. I stopped the car, and it kept doing it.

Now I think I may have found the cause, my cell phone. I keep it in the recess in front of the cluster, and it was in front of the tach. I was signed on AIM from the cell phone and I had recieved a message and usually when I do this around say a radio or tv, I hear a chirping noise, when I removed my cell phone from the area of the tach, it was fine. Could that have been the culprit? Has this happened to anyone else?

#2 ·
Quite possibly some EMI interference...

Particularly if it does the same to your TV set also...

If that phone leaks so much it interferes with the TV and even the tacho I don't know if I'd want to put it next to my head :eek: :lol:

#3 ·
I rarely use it, and if I do I typically use speakerphone. As bad as it is, its not as bad as my Nextel Motorola I-60, that thing used to go off all the time, and it was so bad the picture on the TV jumped! :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.