CARB Legal T5'd '85 SeudoPG - Page 7 - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab C900, 1979-1993 & '94 Convertible (C=classic) > C900 Performance, Mods & Tuning

Notices

C900 Performance, Mods & Tuning Covers Tuning & Performance modifications for the Classic 900 (C900)

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 6 Days Ago
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Feb 2004                                                
My Saabs: LOTS. :)

100% back together, and seems to be running great. Everything is doing what it should. I've been watching the WBO2 a bit, and it spends most of its time in the 14.xx range, which seems appropriate for cruising around. When first started, it's 12.xx which also seems about right. I've not been able to really watch it when driving hard, and I haven't been driving that hard anyway... maybe I can get the wife to watch it, or I'll get off my *** and datalog it.

While fixing the WGA, I was under the car admiring the exhaust work when I noticed I could not see the taper from the 3" cat to the 2.5" exhaust, so I busted out the tape measure and realized the shop "screwed up" and did a 3" exhaust from tip to tail. SUPERB work - all mandrel bends and clean welds, no crush bends and janky assembly. I'm really stunned at what a great job they did... The whole reason I was doing a 2.5" was to avoid fitment problems over the rear axle, but that apparently wasn't an issue for them.

I had originally planned on having a neighborhood fabrication shop do the exhaust work, but they were over-booked and recommended a shop called Muffler Tech on the south side of town. MAD PROPS to those guys - they were incredibly professional, easy to work with, and remarkably affordable. I brought them $300 worth of hardware (wastegate housing, v-band pair, and a 90* outlet) and they provided a bunch of mandrel bent 3" pipe, a 3" Magnaflow cat, and a 3" Magnaflow muffler. Their price was $1000 (incidentally, what I paid for the car) which I consider very reasonable. Getting a 3" JT from Sweden cost nearly that, and didn't include the DP or cat. $1300 for MAX PERFORMANCE? I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

https://gotduals.com/

(LOL)

Next task is an actual smog... which, you know, is the goal. Then (for July, I'm broke) is having some new interior door panels made. Then, I think, let the SPG be for the rest of '19. Unless, I guess, I'm able to sell one of the 9-3 convertibles in which case maybe I've got some other projects.

Last edited by jvanabra; 6 Days Ago at 06:24 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 6 Days Ago
Saab Lunatic

Now I can breathe for two years....

http://www.sacsaabs.org/sacsaabs.org...spg_19smog.jpg
Old 6 Days Ago

Join Date: Jan 2017                                                
My Saabs: 1987 900

Woot, congrats! Job done, then?

Old 5 Days Ago
Saab Lunatic

For now, I hope. Mechanically all the bullet points are checked... engine in good shape, transmission that works, dialed in T5, intake, exhaust, turbo (Super60), FMIC (Jak Stoll), brakes in good shape (axle swap, 9000 calipers), acceptable wheels (17x7, 18lbs), tires are good, suspension dialed in (Bilsteins, Brad's adjustable spring perches), fully rebuilt steering. I would say it's at a very solid Stage 0.5.

About the only thing left on the running & driving part is a mild tune, and I think all the pieces are in place to do that - appropriate monitoring, wiring, etc. Got a laptop & t5suite so I just need some dyno time I suspect. But, it's a great drive right now - just a bit disappointing when it goes *thunk* against 13psi when you know it has a lot more to offer.

There is a ton of other work to do - the interior needs to be shored up, a fair amount of exterior work, instrument cluster, exterior lighting. Maybe it's that *my* work is done and now I have to pay people? But, I can feel good that it's legal on the road and everything that might break has been replaced. Mechanically it's very close to perfect - it's the detail work now. The bit where I virtually always stall out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement