Best A/S tire for New England? - Page 2 - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab Ownership General Topics > Wheels & Tires

Wheels & Tires Technical discussions about wheels fitment & tire specifications and reviews, independent of car model and year. Sponsored by Discount Tire

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 6th January 2014

Join Date: Nov 2009                                                
My Saabs: 2006 9-5 Sportcombi/2003 9-3 Arc
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike saunders View Post
Best I've ever gotten on Blizzaks is 2.5 seasons, but that's when I was putting 25K miles on the car annually.

I've heard and read great stuff about the X-ice. Nearly as good as the Blizzaks in snow, about as good on ice, and better on dry pavement. The longer treadwear should make up for the price difference. I'm planning to put the Michelin Latitude X-ice Xi2 on our Explorer, but having trouble finding the right size locally.

I put both sets of snow tires on our cars at the last possible weekend. Meaning right before the first snow fall(12/8/2013 this season), and take them off right when we get consistant warming (3/27/2013 this past year).My wife and I only put around 4-5,000 miles on the winter tires each winter. So the mileages equal out they last us about 20,000 miles, just 5 shy of you. One thing we do not skimp on is the snow shoes for our car because we live at the top of a hill.

I always look out for a deals on winter tires starting the summer before the winter I need them. The last two sets I got $150.00 a set of four which helps with the bite that snow tires are. The performance makes up for it though.

I got my Michelins Xi2 locally here in town TownFair Tire there was a Michelin deal from the factory that certain tires shops honored, ours being one of them. My wife and I usually have gone with Hogan tire, but have found they have not had many deals the past two years. I got the 9-3's Blizzaks from Sullivan Tire in Framingham.

Good luck with the search.
Advertisement

Old 6th January 2014

Join Date: Aug 2004                                                
My Saabs: '06 9 2.0T Combi, BCB Stg 2
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEGage View Post

I always look out for a deals on winter tires starting the summer before the winter I need them. The last two sets I got $150.00 a set of four which helps with the bite that snow tires are.
Or buy 'em around Mar or Apr when people are switching back to summers or all-seasons.

I bought a set of used Blizzak WS60 mounted on steelies for our Odyssey last August for $400, not bad considering the steelies themselves run $80-100 new, and used ones unmounted are hard to find.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defense." - Steve Landesberg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement