VTuner Stage 0 91 tune dyno video and results. - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > 9-3 Sedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop - ALL Engines > 9-3 Sedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop - ALL Engines

9-3 Sedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop - ALL Engines 9-3 SportSedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X, 2003 - 2012 Technical & Repair

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 24th August 2011
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Mar 2008                                                
My Saabs: 9-3 Aero Vtune stage 0 rev 2
Default VTuner Stage 0 91 tune dyno video and results.

Well finally after 2 weeks, the tuning shop finally had its dyno back to working order, so I decided to go put down some numbers. I had a pretty long drive to get there, and its possible the car was thoroughly heat soaked, but heres the scoop.

Stock: [email protected], [email protected]
Vtuned: [email protected], [email protected] (peaked at 266)

I also did a top speed run to find out where the limiter is, and sadly its set at 130. It would do no more.

Here's the video. The magnaflow setup sounds glorious!

Last edited by Titansaab27; 24th August 2011 at 05:46 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24th August 2011
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jun 2010                                                
My Saabs: 2007 9-3 Aero JZW Tuned
Garage

interesting I cant see the vid at work but i will def check it out when i head home. Thanks for posting up numbers cause info is scarce for dyno numbers on any tune. So what do you have for a set up compared to the stock run?
Old 24th August 2011
Banned

Join Date: Sep 2010                                                
My Saabs: 490hp/580TQ (CF and Estimated BY ME)

What type of dyno was it? What are you exact mods? Are you mt or at? Those numbers seem obviously low.

Old 24th August 2011
Saab Lunatic

Wagon, the numbers are low because i'm running a 91octane version of the tune, and vs stock, I gained nearly FIFTY horses. It was hot, the car was heat soaked for sure (I had been driving around for more than an hour in the heat before getting it dynoed) and running on 91.

Dynojet dyno.
Exact mods are, 2.5in FMIC, K&N filter, Magnaflow rear mufflers (stock piping), DensoIridium spark plugs at factory gap, and thats it.

if i'm supposed to gain 20hp (which I can feel I do) with the 93 tune, that puts me at 260+ to the wheels and thats where i'm supposed to be.

Oh, and my car is automatic, dynoed in 4th gear, in the M mode
Old 24th August 2011
Banned

Yes there are gains but the TQ seems to be what is low. And the HP peak drops off 600rpm lower than stock. If you happy that is all that matters.
Old 24th August 2011
Saab Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagon View Post
Yes there are gains but the numbers are still low. The TQ seems to be what is low. And the HP peak drops off 600rpm lower than stock. If you happy that is all that matters.
yes, thats a byproduct of Vtune (I bet yours does it to and you'll see when you get it on a dyno). the power is still 35-40 over stock at redline though.
Old 24th August 2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titansaab27 View Post
yes, thats a byproduct of Vtune (I bet yours does it to and you'll see when you get it on a dyno). the power is still 35-40 over stock at redline though.
I don't have a vtune but my tune HP also drops off a early. I though vtune specialty was to keep the HP peak around 5500. Be great if you can find another stock version of your car to go on that same dyno. Your TQ seems low. How much difference is there between a 91 vs 94 tune in regards to TQ everything else being equal?
Old 24th August 2011
Saab Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagon View Post
I don't have a vtune but my tune HP also drops off a early. I though vtune specialty was to keep the HP peak around 5500. Be great if you can find another stock version of your car to go on that same dyno. Your TQ seems low. How much difference is there between a 91 vs 94 tune in regards to TQ everything else being equal?
Should be a lot, but I haven't gotten it on the dyno. I will soon though.

And no. The stock turbo runs out of breath at 5000rpm because you can see the torque drop off after 5k pretty rapidly.

The other thing I should mention is even from Brian, the 91 and 93 tunes are completely different.
Old 24th August 2011
Saab Crazy

Join Date: May 2010                                                
My Saabs: 2006 Saab 9-3 SS Aero V6T Maptun Stage 1

184whp stock? is that correct?

Best car I have ever owned!
Old 24th August 2011

Join Date: Oct 2010                                                
My Saabs: Saab Aero V6 Vtuned

For me, the absolute number tell nothing... but you have gain over 31% over your stock number !

If your 184 whp = the 250 bhp stock, your 240 whp = more than 310 bhp...

An automatic is really hard to have an accurate reading on a dyno because of the converter. The important is the difference on the number between your 2 pull. If you take the same 31% (because of the low reading of your first pull) that meen you are now at approx 314 whp...

In the DSM world, the automatic have ALWAYS innacurate reading...
Old 24th August 2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrc630 View Post
For me, the absolute number tell nothing... but you have gain over 31% over your stock number !

If your 184 whp = the 250 bhp stock, your 240 whp = more than 310 bhp...

An automatic is really hard to have an accurate reading on a dyno because of the converter. The important is the difference on the number between your 2 pull. If you take the same 31% (because of the low reading of your first pull) that meen you are now at approx 314 whp...

In the DSM world, the automatic have ALWAYS innacurate reading...
One thing you missed is that there might be something wrong with his car before the tune. 184 is low Be cool if another stock Aero could dyno there as well
Old 25th August 2011
Saab Lunatic

Looking over some other dyno sheets (for comparison) something really stood out. The curve on my stock dyno doesn't look like it should specifically the torque curve. It peaks at 2500rpm, but drops pretty sharply after that, not holding flat as advertised. Anyone have an idea as to why? I know it could be a billion factors but i'm just curious.
Old 25th August 2011
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Jan 2010                                                
My Saabs: 2007 9-3 Aero VTuned Stage 0

You might want to do some logging to check the AFR, Timing Etc. You could possibly have some boost leak.
Old 25th August 2011
Saab Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim808 View Post
You might want to do some logging to check the AFR, Timing Etc. You could possibly have some boost leak.
It would be possible but it doesnt do that with the tune...
Old 28th August 2011
Saab Lunatic

I apologize, I never posted a picture of the dyno results.

These are the first 2 pulls, my 3rd pull had the above peak numbers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2502.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	25178  
Old 30th August 2011
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jun 2010                                                
My Saabs: 2007 9-3 Aero JZW Tuned
Garage

torque line is pretty beefy there is that big dip but it looks good though overall nothing out of charecter hp looks to hold after the major dip which is good. what kind of dyno were you on again?
Old 31st August 2011
Saab Crazy

Join Date: Oct 2010                                                
My Saabs: 2011 9-5 Turbo4 Premium / 2008 9-3 AERO

Max,

Congrats and great video, we have a while before the Wife's goes out of warranty though, so until then its just go fast bits like intake, exhaust, etc.

Very promising for us though, thanks
Old 31st August 2011
Saab Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsaabaero View Post
torque line is pretty beefy there is that big dip but it looks good though overall nothing out of charecter hp looks to hold after the major dip which is good. what kind of dyno were you on again?
dynojet. I just wish the torque held out another 1000 rpm

Now, maybe this has something to do with it or not, on my first run, we did the initial warmup of the dyno and the ESP and TC was still switched on, and I wasn't able to switch it off before he started. The car got very angry and threw the Traction control failure, stability control failure and ABS failure along with the lights on the dash. so we continued. Do you think this contributed to the low output on the stock run? I'm still maintaining that this car was really hot on all the runs.
Old 31st August 2011
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jul 2009                                                
My Saabs: 2006 Saab 9 2.0T Custom E85 tune by JZW
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titansaab27 View Post
dynojet. I just wish the torque held out another 1000 rpm

Now, maybe this has something to do with it or not, on my first run, we did the initial warmup of the dyno and the ESP and TC was still switched on, and I wasn't able to switch it off before he started. The car got very angry and threw the Traction control failure, stability control failure and ABS failure along with the lights on the dash. so we continued. Do you think this contributed to the low output on the stock run? I'm still maintaining that this car was really hot on all the runs.

With my experience on the dyno (a total of 3 times, and about 20 runs on this car), even when I turn the traction control off it likes to throw those codes. Then they go away after about 10+ miles of driving normally.

I dont think the ECU/TCU (once turned off) has anything to do with your low numbers. It could just be the dyno, there are those that inflate and those that deflate the ego. I have a friend and depending on what dyno numbers you go by, he either has a 550HP mustang, or a 475HP mustang.... What is more important is the gain you see. And with gaining about 60WHP, id say you are probably right in line where you should be. Dont get hung up on peak numbers. That is a problem everyone seems to have...
Old 31st August 2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabstory34 View Post
With my experience on the dyno (a total of 3 times, and about 20 runs on this car), even when I turn the traction control off it likes to throw those codes. Then they go away after about 10+ miles of driving normally.

I dont think the ECU/TCU (once turned off) has anything to do with your low numbers. It could just be the dyno, there are those that inflate and those that deflate the ego. I have a friend and depending on what dyno numbers you go by, he either has a 550HP mustang, or a 475HP mustang.... What is more important is the gain you see. And with gaining about 60WHP, id say you are probably right in line where you should be. Dont get hung up on peak numbers. That is a problem everyone seems to have...
I personally believe real life numbers like trap speeds at the track are the bottomline. Line them up and run them. No dyno Queen nonsense.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement