$25 boot lip spoiler - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-5 Mk.I, 1998-2009 > 9-5 Performance, Mods & Tuning

9-5 Performance, Mods & Tuning Covers Tuning & Performance modifications for the 9-5

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 9th January 2011
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Sep 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2003 9⁵ Aero 5spd | 1997 9000 Aero
Garage
Default $25 boot lip spoiler

so...you know those ebay lip spoilers? Well I had a go at installing one just to see. I think I may keep it! All the ones that are supposed to fit our 9-5's are not quite the correct length, not to mention the angle at which the ends are cut at do not match the front-to-back line where the boot lid meets the sides of the car. Soo...I decided to order one from ebay extra-long and trim it myself. A little trim and then work with the dremel to shape the ends and it fits much better. Also they usually include that 3M double-sided tape pre-installed on the bottom, which I disposed of promptly. It's great stuff but it's just too thick so it caused the spoiler to be raised up too high IMO. I ordered the 3M tape that BMW uses to install it's lip spoiler on the M5, and it's super-thin and super-strong. Came out perfect!

Cheers!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 9th January 2011
SaabNut!

Join Date: Aug 2008                                                
My Saabs: 2002 9-3 HOT
Garage

Looks good, did you order one painted or just the black color? Was thinking about doing the same thing.
Old 9th January 2011
Saab on the Brain!

Join Date: Jan 2010                                                
My Saabs: 280-XWD Aero & a 2.0 XWD

Not bad at all and I like the "basic black" especially with those wheels.

Old 9th January 2011
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Sep 2005                                                
My Saabs: 2003 9⁵ Aero 5spd | 1997 9000 Aero
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagrantradio View Post
Looks good, did you order one painted or just the black color? Was thinking about doing the same thing.
Good question. Well since I was doing some mods to the spoiler I didn't want it painted. My intention was to have the thing painted matte black since my rub strips, door handles, sharkfin, etc. are all that color, but I decided to see how it would look just with the raw rubber. I actually think it matches very well. I may pull it off and have it painted when spring rolls around, but I'm pretty happy with it now.

I actually have two (2) Hirsch-style boot spoilers that are for sale because I wasn't keen on how they looked on my car. I never even installed the thing. I wanted more of the subtle look like the M-cars have, and the Hirsch-style one was a bit bulky for my tastes....

|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement