2000 9-5 SE junk or project? - Page 2 - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab 9-5 Mk.I, 1998-2009 > 9-5 Workshop

Notices

9-5 Workshop 9-5 Workshop (1997 to 2010) Technical Forum

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Join Date: Dec 2015                                                
My Saabs: 1999 9-3S, 2000 9-5SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy R. View Post
The "Time For Service" message comes up periodically. You just need to hold down the clear button for a while to clear it. When you press and hold the clear button, it will first beep and display "cleared". Keep holding it down, and eventually it will beep again and display "service". Then the Time For Service message will be gone. It will also go away after you turn the ignition on and off about 50 times.
Thanks, I was wondering how to do it. I've been suffering through it with my 9-3.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago

I ran a ACC calibrate/ diagnostic on the way to work today. Getting 2 codes now. 13 went away but now getting 08 and 11.

EDIT: found the codes. Looks like I have some broken or at least disconnected parts under there. I might be going back to the salvage yard for the LH stuff. Ran out of time last time.

Last edited by SAABMOD9-3; 1 Week Ago at 10:27 AM.
Old 1 Week Ago

It passed emissions and had the oil changed and had them replace the oil pressure sender. I'm still getting oil light flicker so it looks like i get to drop the pan and see what I find.

After that I guess it would be the oil pump which looks like a ton of fun to do.

EDIT: looking around for oil pumps and how involved/ expensive it would be means unless I find an issue in the pan it's on hospice. Unless the mrs. really likes takes a liking it'll be a spare car for short trips. I'll keep making the interior as comfortable as possible but no expensive repairs for this one.

Last edited by SAABMOD9-3; 1 Week Ago at 04:06 PM.

Old 1 Week Ago
Saab on the Brain!

Join Date: Oct 2011                                                
My Saabs: 1997 900S Coupé, 2003 9-5 Linear Wagon

The oil pump is pretty accessible on these motors. I believe it's easy enough to do with the engine in the car.

Oops, forgot this was a V6.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdT View Post
The oil pump is pretty accessible on these motors. I believe it's easy enough to do with the engine in the car.

Oops, forgot this was a V6.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 1 Day Ago

Well, I drove it a bit yesterday and a decent oily puddle formed just below and slightly aft of the left headlight.

I was going to take it down the street just a little while ago and decided to check out where the leak might be.

First thing I noticed was the oil dipstick wasn't seated and then I noticed the dark coolant reservoir. Awe ****! Completely full of chocolate looking coolant and oil.

So I don't know if this is the end of the road for this one or not.

It had plenty of power yesterday and seemed to run just fine. I was still getting the low pressure light at idle like I have the whole time. I'm not quite sure where to go from here.

Last edited by SAABMOD9-3; 1 Day Ago at 05:31 PM.
Old 1 Day Ago

With the possible issues that I can find; Head gasket, cracked head or cracked block. I don't think I'm interested in making the repairs on this car.

I believe it's served it's purpose and I think i'll swap the rims and tires over to my 9-3, the tires are nearly new and the 9-3's rims are pretty beat and one is a bit bent. Then I have these 3 options:

-Quickly removed desirable parts like SID, ACC, DICs, and TWICE then call a salvage yard and have them haul it away. I'll probably at least break even, the tires and rims alone are probably worth nearly what I'm into it.

-Part it out slowly until I'm down to whatever then scrap it. I'll definitely make money on it and I have the room.

-Buy a 9-5 in better shape then use this as a parts car. There is a decent SE and Linear in the local classifieds that look pretty good. This is only if my wife and/or daughter like the car since they would probably drive it more than me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement