Chicago Meets - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab Cafe > Saab Events

Notices

Saab Events An up-to-date listing of Saab Clubs Events taking place Worldwide

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10th May 2018

Join Date: May 2018                                                
Default Chicago Meets

Anything in the Chicagoland area for 2018?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 5th June 2018

Join Date: Dec 2017                                                
My Saabs: 1998 900 SE Vert

Almost a month and nothing but crickets. Bummer. I'm on the other side of Lake MI and also hope to find a get together closer than Carlisle. Maybe we can instigate an informal meetup if nothing else pops up on the radar.
Old 18th July 2018
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Jun 2011                                                
My Saabs: 2004 Saab 9-3 Linear

The Milwaukee Saab Club meet is this Saturday at Grant Park in Milwaukee, WI. They have Picnic Area #5 reserved. There has been a pretty good turnout the last few years.

Old 11th March 2019

Join Date: Mar 2019                                                

Any plans for 2019?

Fuel Fed will start meeting in Willamette again soon, Last Sunday of the month 9-11 am, downtown. Cool stuff shows up,typically they have a theme for each month (group-b, Ferrari, Porsche, WRC, pre-war, and a Vincent motorcycle group comes out once a summer it seems).

I'm in Logan Square, but could be tempted to take a drive out to IKEA sometime. Andersonville would be a fun spot to meet too.
Old 14th March 2019
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Apr 2011                                                
My Saabs: 99 Viggen and 03 9-5 Aero

Join the Facebook Chicago Saab owners club for meets and whatnot
Old 14th March 2019
SaabNut!

Join Date: Nov 2013                                                
My Saabs: '86 SPG, '88 SPG(2), '88 SiS(2), '91 SPG

It is currently somewhat off of the radar, however, there is another USA based SAAB Museum getting ready to open up in Chicago. I will get some more information and get it posted.

Also, about an hour North of Chicago there is a great little SAAB/Volvo repair shop. 2 of our local club members have purchased used SAABs(one is a very unique, very popular and rare 1- off SAAB) from this shop and we were treated to a shop tour. I have met some of the clientele at this shop and there appears to be a real atmosphere of loyal SAAB enthusiasts in and around this shop.
Old 17th April 2019

Join Date: Jan 2019                                                
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowBird View Post
It is currently somewhat off of the radar, however, there is another USA based SAAB Museum getting ready to open up in Chicago. I will get some more information and get it posted.

Also, about an hour North of Chicago there is a great little SAAB/Volvo repair shop. 2 of our local club members have purchased used SAABs(one is a very unique, very popular and rare 1- off SAAB) from this shop and we were treated to a shop tour. I have met some of the clientele at this shop and there appears to be a real atmosphere of loyal SAAB enthusiasts in and around this shop.
Any news on Saab museum in Chi? Also, what is the name of the Saab repair shop you mention? Thanks!
Old 18th April 2019

Join Date: Aug 2010                                                
My Saabs: 2008 9 Aero SS, 2011 9-4X Aero
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.A.A.B. View Post
Any news on Saab museum in Chi? Also, what is the name of the Saab repair shop you mention? Thanks!
http://petersenautomotive.net/
Old 18th April 2019

Garage

[quote=swedespeed7;6389088]
I take my car there, Tyler is the best.
Old 18th April 2019
SaabNut!

Join Date: Nov 2013                                                
My Saabs: '86 SPG, '88 SPG(2), '88 SiS(2), '91 SPG

@S.A.A.B.
Independent Auto Craft located in Crystal Lake is the repair shop that we took a tour of, it is about 40 miles north of Chicago. Tom Low is the owner and he gave us a tour of the shop, parts loft and boneyard. They specialize in SAABs and Volvos. Tom seems to be a really nice guy and the shop is well kept and organized.

Tom has an extremely rare 1963 SAAB 96, apparently 1 of only 2 factory built team rally cars that were imported to the USA. This car actually participated in the 1962 Malboro 12 Hour Road Rallye and was immediately sold to a collector in Washington, DC following the race. Unfortunately, the car was caught in a structure fire and damaged badly. However, it was behind the shop during our visit and I was able to get several pictures of the car.

A 1985 SPG and a 1970 95 were purchased from Tom. I helped drive the SPG back to Virginia. Both cars are stunning, mechanically sound and drive exceptionally well!!!

I have the name of the person who has the "SAAB Museum" in Chicago. I am still trying to get all of the details.
Old 19th April 2019

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowBird View Post
@S.A.A.B.
Independent Auto Craft located in Crystal Lake is the repair shop that we took a tour of, it is about 40 miles north of Chicago. Tom Low is the owner and he gave us a tour of the shop, parts loft and boneyard. They specialize in SAABs and Volvos. Tom seems to be a really nice guy and the shop is well kept and organized.

Tom has an extremely rare 1963 SAAB 96, apparently 1 of only 2 factory built team rally cars that were imported to the USA. This car actually participated in the 1962 Malboro 12 Hour Road Rallye and was immediately sold to a collector in Washington, DC following the race. Unfortunately, the car was caught in a structure fire and damaged badly. However, it was behind the shop during our visit and I was able to get several pictures of the car.

A 1985 SPG and a 1970 95 were purchased from Tom. I helped drive the SPG back to Virginia. Both cars are stunning, mechanically sound and drive exceptionally well!!!

I have the name of the person who has the "SAAB Museum" in Chicago. I am still trying to get all of the details.
So cool, thx for the info. I'm gonna have to go check out that shop and their cars. It's about 35-40 minutes from from me. Must of been an amazing ride back home in that SPG! I brought my 9-3 V6T M6 Aero from FL, what an amazing ride and bonding experience with the car and wife and kids haha. Thx again!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	251796  

Last edited by S.A.A.B.; 19th April 2019 at 12:54 AM.
Old 2 Days Ago

Join Date: Jul 2019                                                

Check on Florida Ticket Station coupon, if there any upcoming event or show held so here passes and all info of events will be available, I also can find through this way, I hope it will also work for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement