Michigan Saab Meet!? - SaabCentral Forums
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum

Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab Cafe > Saab Events

Notices

Saab Events An up-to-date listing of Saab Clubs Events taking place Worldwide

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 24th February 2017

Join Date: Nov 2014                                                
My Saabs: 2005 9-5 Aero Wagon
Default Michigan Saab Meet!?

Hello all! Just wondering how many of us Saab enthusiasts are in Michigan? It would be awesome to meet up and cruise, take pictures, etc. Let me know if anybody is interested, we could plan something in the Spring time.

I am near Grand Rapids, MI.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26th February 2017

Join Date: Dec 2016                                                
My Saabs: 2007 9-3 Aero

Count me in. I'm in Alto, MI.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 22nd April 2017
Saab Lunatic

Join Date: Aug 2006                                                
My Saabs: '08 9-5 Aero, '06 9-3SC, '00 Viggen
Default Great Lakes Saab Club

There is a Facebook group/page for the Great Lakes Saab Club. They are planning an event for next weekend at the Lingenfelter Collection.
2000 9-5 lpt Sedan, Retired at 318,000 miles

Old 24th April 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI-Roger View Post
There is a Facebook group/page for the Great Lakes Saab Club. They are planning an event for next weekend at the Lingenfelter Collection.
I'll be in Europe for my anniversary...hopefully some more Michigan events pop up throughout the spring/summer
Old 26th April 2017
Saab Lunatic

Default Considering arranging a Saab meet in early August

One day only, maybe 10 to 4, lunch provided, isolated end of public park, maybe a couple presenters too. Venue rental, Event Insurance, Catering, Signs, Park Passes, estimated of other misc items, all combine to place the per head cost at around $30 each with a target of 60 participants.

Is this too high? Don't know what is common.

Activity ideas that I am considering:
- If held on August 4th we could arrive en masse at the Ypsilanti Garage to look at the Ferraris, Porsches, Cobras, etc., and bug everyone there by asking why there are no Saabs. (this is the same garage where David E Davis Jr kept his car collection - if you don't know don't ask)
- The organizer of the Ypsi Garage Open Houses may be able to schedule his guest speaker to be someone with Saab knowledge - a stretch but never hurts to ask.
- Orio has their Administrative HQ about 45 miles away (if they didn't move it to their warehouse location in PA) and they may be enticed to come with a table and canopy.
- I have two Saabs which require new seat covers installed. A local shop has a good upholstery reputation so they may be willing to do the work on my car(s) in the park so as to lure additional customers for the same service. I have the 9-3 seat cushion skin in hand, still need the seat and back cushion skins for my 9-5 Aero.
- A former Saab Dealer ~60 miles away now concentrates in selling vintage Saabs and doing service on all Saabs. They may be willing to bring a couple cars and lots of business cards for a group of Saab aficionados.
- Local Saab Specialty Garage (where I take my cars) may be willing to do a Q & A session, or describe specific service, or how to use a Tech-II for diagnostics.
- A local Import Car Parts Store who sells many European lubricants and parts might be willing to set up a table and canopy.

Location would target Saabers in Southern MI, N-W Ohio, N-E Indiana, and anyone else who wants to drive to Ypsilanti MI.

Thanks,
Old 27th April 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI-Roger View Post
One day only, maybe 10 to 4, lunch provided, isolated end of public park, maybe a couple presenters too. Venue rental, Event Insurance, Catering, Signs, Park Passes, estimated of other misc items, all combine to place the per head cost at around $30 each with a target of 60 participants.

Is this too high? Don't know what is common.

Activity ideas that I am considering:
- If held on August 4th we could arrive en masse at the Ypsilanti Garage to look at the Ferraris, Porsches, Cobras, etc., and bug everyone there by asking why there are no Saabs. (this is the same garage where David E Davis Jr kept his car collection - if you don't know don't ask)
- The organizer of the Ypsi Garage Open Houses may be able to schedule his guest speaker to be someone with Saab knowledge - a stretch but never hurts to ask.
- Orio has their Administrative HQ about 45 miles away (if they didn't move it to their warehouse location in PA) and they may be enticed to come with a table and canopy.
- I have two Saabs which require new seat covers installed. A local shop has a good upholstery reputation so they may be willing to do the work on my car(s) in the park so as to lure additional customers for the same service. I have the 9-3 seat cushion skin in hand, still need the seat and back cushion skins for my 9-5 Aero.
- A former Saab Dealer ~60 miles away now concentrates in selling vintage Saabs and doing service on all Saabs. They may be willing to bring a couple cars and lots of business cards for a group of Saab aficionados.
- Local Saab Specialty Garage (where I take my cars) may be willing to do a Q & A session, or describe specific service, or how to use a Tech-II for diagnostics.
- A local Import Car Parts Store who sells many European lubricants and parts might be willing to set up a table and canopy.

Location would target Saabers in Southern MI, N-W Ohio, N-E Indiana, and anyone else who wants to drive to Ypsilanti MI.

Thanks,
I am down! (No matter the cost)
Old 18th June 2017

Join Date: Jan 2017                                                
My Saabs: 92 900i 3dr, 87 900Turbo 3dr

I'm down also sounds interesting
could probably get 3-4 saabs from around here there
Old 18th June 2017
Saab Lunatic

Default Michigan SAAB Summer Fest

The Pre-Registration price is $20 per head and ends July 15th. Send an email to:

[email protected]

and I will send you a copy of the Registration Form, a copy of the Map, a copy of the Flier, and a copy of the Park Rules (pretty much no alcohol, keep pets on leash, and clean-up after pets)

Roger

Last edited by MI-Roger; 19th June 2017 at 07:37 AM.
Old 24th June 2017

Join Date: Jun 2017                                                
My Saabs: Arc 4dr Turbo Sedan

I am also interested, please count me in and let me know any updates.
Old 25th July 2017

Join Date: Jan 2017                                                
My Saabs: 92 900i 3dr, 87 900Turbo 3dr

I completely forgot to register for this, is there anyway we could get two more saabs registered?? Sorry ive been in the process of moving and lifes been all,kinds of crazy!
Old 7th August 2017
Saab Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGhost111 View Post
I completely forgot to register for this, is there anyway we could get two more saabs registered?? Sorry ive been in the process of moving and lifes been all,kinds of crazy!

I am the one who should apologize. The past week was so hectic getting ready for the event that I didn't check any of the Saab Owner Bulletin Boards. I only checked the email address shown on the fliers - multiple times per day - answering questions and arguing with the Parks Department to not kick the event out of the Park at the last minute.

We had 65 passionate SAAB owners, and 44-1/2 SAABs, in attendance on Saturday. Gorgeous weather so LOTS of convertibles.
Old 13th October 2018

Join Date: Oct 2018                                                

I'm looking for a good Saab mechanic. Where do you get your Saabs serviced?
Old 15th October 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosey192 View Post
I'm looking for a good Saab mechanic. Where do you get your Saabs serviced?
Depends on what you need completed/diagnosed! Also, whereabouts in MI are you located?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement