Michigan Saab Meet!? - SaabCentral Forums
*
Home Saab Pictures Saab Classifieds Saab Dealer Listings Saab Forum Saab Forum


Go Back   SaabCentral Forums > Saab Cafe > Saab Events

Notices

Saab Events An up-to-date listing of Saab Clubs Events taking place Worldwide

SaabCentral.com is the premier Saab All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 24th February 2017
Brettzammitt Brettzammitt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014                                                
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
My Saabs: 2005 9-5 Aero Wagon
Posts: 178
Default Michigan Saab Meet!?

Hello all! Just wondering how many of us Saab enthusiasts are in Michigan? It would be awesome to meet up and cruise, take pictures, etc. Let me know if anybody is interested, we could plan something in the Spring time.

I am near Grand Rapids, MI.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 26th February 2017
Dutchman1 Dutchman1 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016                                                
Location: MI
My Saabs: 2007 9-3 Aero
Posts: 17
Default

Count me in. I'm in Alto, MI.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 22nd April 2017
MI-Roger MI-Roger is offline
Saab Lunatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2006                                                
Location: Ypsilanti, MI
My Saabs: '08 9-5 Aero, '06 9-3SC, '00 Viggen
Posts: 3,187
Default Great Lakes Saab Club

There is a Facebook group/page for the Great Lakes Saab Club. They are planning an event for next weekend at the Lingenfelter Collection.
__________________
2008 9-5 Aero Sedan
2006 9-3SC 2.0T
2000 Viggen Convertible
2000 9-5 lpt Sedan, Retired at 318,000 miles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 24th April 2017
Brettzammitt Brettzammitt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014                                                
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
My Saabs: 2005 9-5 Aero Wagon
Posts: 178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI-Roger View Post
There is a Facebook group/page for the Great Lakes Saab Club. They are planning an event for next weekend at the Lingenfelter Collection.
I'll be in Europe for my anniversary...hopefully some more Michigan events pop up throughout the spring/summer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 26th April 2017
MI-Roger MI-Roger is offline
Saab Lunatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2006                                                
Location: Ypsilanti, MI
My Saabs: '08 9-5 Aero, '06 9-3SC, '00 Viggen
Posts: 3,187
Default Considering arranging a Saab meet in early August

One day only, maybe 10 to 4, lunch provided, isolated end of public park, maybe a couple presenters too. Venue rental, Event Insurance, Catering, Signs, Park Passes, estimated of other misc items, all combine to place the per head cost at around $30 each with a target of 60 participants.

Is this too high? Don't know what is common.

Activity ideas that I am considering:
- If held on August 4th we could arrive en masse at the Ypsilanti Garage to look at the Ferraris, Porsches, Cobras, etc., and bug everyone there by asking why there are no Saabs. (this is the same garage where David E Davis Jr kept his car collection - if you don't know don't ask)
- The organizer of the Ypsi Garage Open Houses may be able to schedule his guest speaker to be someone with Saab knowledge - a stretch but never hurts to ask.
- Orio has their Administrative HQ about 45 miles away (if they didn't move it to their warehouse location in PA) and they may be enticed to come with a table and canopy.
- I have two Saabs which require new seat covers installed. A local shop has a good upholstery reputation so they may be willing to do the work on my car(s) in the park so as to lure additional customers for the same service. I have the 9-3 seat cushion skin in hand, still need the seat and back cushion skins for my 9-5 Aero.
- A former Saab Dealer ~60 miles away now concentrates in selling vintage Saabs and doing service on all Saabs. They may be willing to bring a couple cars and lots of business cards for a group of Saab aficionados.
- Local Saab Specialty Garage (where I take my cars) may be willing to do a Q & A session, or describe specific service, or how to use a Tech-II for diagnostics.
- A local Import Car Parts Store who sells many European lubricants and parts might be willing to set up a table and canopy.

Location would target Saabers in Southern MI, N-W Ohio, N-E Indiana, and anyone else who wants to drive to Ypsilanti MI.

Thanks,
__________________
2008 9-5 Aero Sedan
2006 9-3SC 2.0T
2000 Viggen Convertible
2000 9-5 lpt Sedan, Retired at 318,000 miles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 27th April 2017
Brettzammitt Brettzammitt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014                                                
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
My Saabs: 2005 9-5 Aero Wagon
Posts: 178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI-Roger View Post
One day only, maybe 10 to 4, lunch provided, isolated end of public park, maybe a couple presenters too. Venue rental, Event Insurance, Catering, Signs, Park Passes, estimated of other misc items, all combine to place the per head cost at around $30 each with a target of 60 participants.

Is this too high? Don't know what is common.

Activity ideas that I am considering:
- If held on August 4th we could arrive en masse at the Ypsilanti Garage to look at the Ferraris, Porsches, Cobras, etc., and bug everyone there by asking why there are no Saabs. (this is the same garage where David E Davis Jr kept his car collection - if you don't know don't ask)
- The organizer of the Ypsi Garage Open Houses may be able to schedule his guest speaker to be someone with Saab knowledge - a stretch but never hurts to ask.
- Orio has their Administrative HQ about 45 miles away (if they didn't move it to their warehouse location in PA) and they may be enticed to come with a table and canopy.
- I have two Saabs which require new seat covers installed. A local shop has a good upholstery reputation so they may be willing to do the work on my car(s) in the park so as to lure additional customers for the same service. I have the 9-3 seat cushion skin in hand, still need the seat and back cushion skins for my 9-5 Aero.
- A former Saab Dealer ~60 miles away now concentrates in selling vintage Saabs and doing service on all Saabs. They may be willing to bring a couple cars and lots of business cards for a group of Saab aficionados.
- Local Saab Specialty Garage (where I take my cars) may be willing to do a Q & A session, or describe specific service, or how to use a Tech-II for diagnostics.
- A local Import Car Parts Store who sells many European lubricants and parts might be willing to set up a table and canopy.

Location would target Saabers in Southern MI, N-W Ohio, N-E Indiana, and anyone else who wants to drive to Ypsilanti MI.

Thanks,
I am down! (No matter the cost)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 18th June 2017
GreyGhost111 GreyGhost111 is offline
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017                                                
Location: Indiana
My Saabs: 92 900i 3dr, 87 900Turbo 3dr
Posts: 65
Default

I'm down also sounds interesting
could probably get 3-4 saabs from around here there
__________________
92 saab 900
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 18th June 2017
MI-Roger MI-Roger is offline
Saab Lunatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2006                                                
Location: Ypsilanti, MI
My Saabs: '08 9-5 Aero, '06 9-3SC, '00 Viggen
Posts: 3,187
Default Michigan SAAB Summer Fest

The Pre-Registration price is $20 per head and ends July 15th. Send an email to:

[email protected]

and I will send you a copy of the Registration Form, a copy of the Map, a copy of the Flier, and a copy of the Park Rules (pretty much no alcohol, keep pets on leash, and clean-up after pets)

Roger

__________________
2008 9-5 Aero Sedan
2006 9-3SC 2.0T
2000 Viggen Convertible
2000 9-5 lpt Sedan, Retired at 318,000 miles

Last edited by MI-Roger; 19th June 2017 at 07:37 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 24th June 2017
keshav05 keshav05 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017                                                
Location: Canada
My Saabs: Arc 4dr Turbo Sedan
Posts: 12
Default

I am also interested, please count me in and let me know any updates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 25th July 2017
GreyGhost111 GreyGhost111 is offline
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017                                                
Location: Indiana
My Saabs: 92 900i 3dr, 87 900Turbo 3dr
Posts: 65
Default

I completely forgot to register for this, is there anyway we could get two more saabs registered?? Sorry ive been in the process of moving and lifes been all,kinds of crazy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 7th August 2017
MI-Roger MI-Roger is offline
Saab Lunatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2006                                                
Location: Ypsilanti, MI
My Saabs: '08 9-5 Aero, '06 9-3SC, '00 Viggen
Posts: 3,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGhost111 View Post
I completely forgot to register for this, is there anyway we could get two more saabs registered?? Sorry ive been in the process of moving and lifes been all,kinds of crazy!

I am the one who should apologize. The past week was so hectic getting ready for the event that I didn't check any of the Saab Owner Bulletin Boards. I only checked the email address shown on the fliers - multiple times per day - answering questions and arguing with the Parks Department to not kick the event out of the Park at the last minute.

We had 65 passionate SAAB owners, and 44-1/2 SAABs, in attendance on Saturday. Gorgeous weather so LOTS of convertibles.
__________________
2008 9-5 Aero Sedan
2006 9-3SC 2.0T
2000 Viggen Convertible
2000 9-5 lpt Sedan, Retired at 318,000 miles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12  
Old 13th October 2018
rosey192 rosey192 is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018                                                
Posts: 1
Default

I'm looking for a good Saab mechanic. Where do you get your Saabs serviced?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13  
Old 15th October 2018
Brettzammitt Brettzammitt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014                                                
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
My Saabs: 2005 9-5 Aero Wagon
Posts: 178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosey192 View Post
I'm looking for a good Saab mechanic. Where do you get your Saabs serviced?
Depends on what you need completed/diagnosed! Also, whereabouts in MI are you located?
__________________
2005 Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon Automatic BCB Stage 2
2002 Honda S2000
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SaabCentral Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Michigan meet? spg1 Saab Events 2 12th November 2012 10:31 AM
Michigan Saab meet: Detroit International Auto Show MasterOfBadTiming Saab Events 2 6th January 2012 09:53 PM
SE Michigan Saab Meet DetroitSaab The Lounge 46 12th June 2010 09:58 PM
Se michigan meet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Garretturbo'd 9-3 Sedan, Convertible ('04+)/Combi & 9-3X Workshop - ALL Engines 0 13th April 2010 05:32 PM
MICHIGAN meet-up!! Zazay The Lounge 4 3rd June 2007 02:52 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:57 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

top of page | sitemap | email us



copyright © 2003 - 2011 saabcentral.com, All rights reserved http://www.whiter.co.uk - valid xhtml - valid css
SaabCentral is an independently run website and is not affiliated in any way to Saab Automobile AB.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
 

Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.